Make an appointment with a Specialist here or by phoning 519-433-3491 ext. 4475. Attend the appointments in the specified rooms. Be on time for your appointment!
The Critical Reading Specialists, Dr. Jennifer Ingrey (Room W 058) and Prof. Jeremy Greenway (Room SA 152) help students develop strategies to comprehend difficult texts.
To improve your comprehension of texts, you will
- build vocabulary
- learn how to summarize
- ask questions that will lead to critical thinking
- learn strategies to assess the relevance of library resources for a project
- decipher complex sentences
- become efficient readers by discovering the common structures of texts
- explore cultural assumptions within texts.
The Grammar Specialist, Prof. Jeremy Greenway (Room SA 152) offers personalized help with grammar questions.
You will get help with
- Canadian English
- sentence-level mechanics.
The Effective Writing Specialist, Prof. Jeremy Greenway (Room SA 152) works with faculty to develop writing instruction on specific issues, and also provides analysis of writing problems in individual appointments to students referred by faculty, counsellors, or tutors. Faculty members are invited to contact Prof. Greenway (email@example.com, or extension 4466) to discuss class visits and/or to refer students for individual appointments.