Accessibility Services at King’s University College believes that every student has the right to “Access Success”!  We are committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free learning environment, with services geared toward a wide range of needs.

Students using the services provided by Accessibility Services have a condition that may be related to, but not limited to, vision, hearing, mobility, different ways of learning, mental health, chronic illnesses, chronic pain, autism spectrum disorder, ADD/ADHD, and temporary conditions.

What Is An Accessibility Accommodation?

An accessibility accommodation is a means of preventing and removing or reducing barriers that impede students with accessibility needs from participating fully in the educational environment in a way that is responsive to their own unique circumstances.  The principle of accommodation involves dignity, individualization, and inclusion (The Ontario Human Rights Commission, 2008).  The University recognizes its obligation to provide reasonable academic accommodation to students with accessibility needs where the accommodation can be implemented without compromising the academic integrity of the course or program.

Every student has the right to be appropriately accommodated for their accessibility needs.  It is the responsibility of each student to inform us of their needs, any problems encountered with the accommodations and services, and to follow through with the procedures as outlined.


If you currently have a diagnosed condition, and you require academic accommodations, you will need to meet with an Accessibility Counsellor.

Step #1:

Complete the Online Intake Form.  You will need to have the following information available before proceeding:  

  • Western Username (i.e. jsmith)
  • Student Number
  • Western Email
  • Supporting documentation:  You will be asked to upload at least one piece of supporting documentation as part of the intake process.  The more information you can provide, the better able your Accessibility Counsellor will be able to assist you.   Acceptable Documentation.
Step #2:

Once you submit your Intake Form, you will then need to complete the Appointment Request Form.

When the Accessibility Office receives both the intake form and the appointment request form, you will be contacted through your Western email with an appointment for you to meet with an Accessibility Counsellor.

Don't have a diagnosed disability?  Complete the Online Intake Form and choose the Screening option.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at, or call 519-433-3491 ext. 7800

Returning Students

You must register with Accessibility Services each term in order to receive your accessibility accommodations.  Complete the Request for Continuing Accommodation form.  An appointment may be requested by your Counsellor if there is a specific need (e.g. to review outstanding documentation, your health status or learning needs have changed, to complete necessary forms, etc.)

If you would like to schedule an appointment with your Accessibility Counsellor, please complete the online Appointment Request form.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at, or call 519-433-3491 ext. 7800

Helpful Links