Food and Shopping
Please note that food service operational plans for the 2021/22 academic year are subject to change based on the most up-to-date guidelines set by public health officials.
- Use of face masks and hand sanitizer required for entry
- Physical distancing markers on floor for way finding
- Contactless payment available (meal card, debit, or credit)
- No reusable cups or mugs permitted
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitation measures of high-contact areas
Hours of Operation During Exams
Thames Market, Wemple Building
Monday, Thursday and Friday: 8 a.m.– 7 p.m.
Saturday: 8 a.m.– 7 p.m.
Sunday: 10 a.m.– 7 p.m.
Please note: Subway in the Wemple Building and Café ’54 in the Student Life Centre are closed for the rest of the school year.
N.B. You can place orders on the Hey Chef app. Download Hey Chef on the App Store or Google Play with the access code KINGS.
King's Off-Campus Partners
Masseys’ Fine Indian Cuisine: dine in or take out
174 King St. 519-672-2989
PizzaPizza: delivery or take out
Mucho Burrito: dine in or take out
750 Richmond St. 226-663-8870
Subway: delivery or take out
265 Oxford St. E. (519) 439-4900
Swiss Chalet: dine in or take out
735 Wonderland Road N. 519-657-5241
King’s becomes a Fair Trade Campus
King’s University College is proud to serve its students, faculty, staff and visitors 100% Fairtrade coffee alongside an offering of Fairtrade teas and chocolate.
- King's Food Services is committed to purchasing Fair Trade coffee, tea and chocolate to support workers and farmers in the global south to obtain fair and equitable pricing for their products
- We have partnered with a local coffee roaster (Fire Roasted Coffee) to bring the King's community Fair Trade locally roasted blends to the new Student Life Centre Cafe
- We are committed to Fair Trade education on the King's campus, and will do events that promote the Fair Trade products and Fair Trade Campus Program throughout the academic year
- All coffee on campus is Fair Trade Certified (Student Life Centre, Thames Market and all on campus catering)
- A selection of Fair Trade tea and chocolate is available at all locations
This designation and increased fair trade options furthers King’s initiatives towards creating a sustainable campus. It supports students, staff and faculty in making food choices that align with their personal justice values and taste great!
The Fair Trade Campus is a program of Fairtrade Canada, managed in partnership with CFTN and the Association québécoise du commerce équitable (AQCÉ). It recognizes colleges, CEGEPs and universities demonstrating strong commitment to fair trade from its stakeholders, including administration, food service providers, and student unions and associations.