The Office of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Decolonization is responsible for providing leadership for all organizational activities intended to further integrate and advance King’s University College’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion as well as truth, reconciliation, and Indigenous engagement.
What does this mean?
It means that this office works with people (faculty, staff, and students) within the King’s community and outside within the larger London community to
- ensure that King’s campus is diverse – our students see themselves represented in one another as well as by the leadership, faculty, and staff
- ensure that King’s campus is inclusive – every student, faculty member, staff member, and member of the leadership team has the opportunity to have their voices heard
- ensure that King’s campus is equitable – we do things because it’s the right thing to do while providing high-quality education and service for our students
- ensure that King’s campus is transparent in initiatives to decolonize curriculum and the way we do things
This is impossible for any one office to do. It requires support from every member of our community.
We will be successful by being intentional in fostering
- honest relationships
- true representation
- constant growth
- transparent communication
Together, we can do this and truly make King’s a place to be, a place to become, and a place to belong.