WHAT WE DO FOR STUDENTS
The Write Place’s free and confidential service will help you develop the skills and confidence to take your writing to the next level.
TRAINED PEER TUTORS, EXPERIENCED SENIOR TUTORS, AND WRITING CONSULTANTS HELP YOU
- brainstorm ideas before you have written a single word
- develop your thesis
- create an outline to structure your assignment
- integrate your research into your analysis
- follow citation style guidelines
- revise your writing to improve paragraphing and flow of ideas
- develop your proofreading skills (so you can fix grammar, spelling, punctuation)
- improve your résumés, personal statements, and application letters.
WHO WE ARE
We are a mixed group of peer tutors who are students like you, graduate students, and professors.
We are friendly, creative, and flexible, and we welcome everyone who wants to work on their writing.
We are a culturally diverse group of educators, committed to inclusivity and access. We embrace anti-racist, anti-ableist, anti-discriminatory, de-colonizing pedagogies.
We read and prepare extensively, and do research so that we can serve students to the best of our capacity and in line with current theory about writing centre work.
We look forward to working with you!