Faculty of Education Pathway
Childhood and Youth Studies (formerly Childhood and Social Institutions) Pathway Students must pursue the Primary/Junior teaching certification program. To be considered for guaranteed admission, students must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum weighted average of 75% in your best 10.0 University credits at the time of application.
- Minimum Childhood & Youth Studies weighted modular average of 75%.
- Minimum of 0.5 credit in at least four of the six general background areas:
- English, Fine Arts, Mathematics, Health & Physical Education, Social Science (general), and Science (general).
- Please see Faculty of Education’s website for suitable courses in each background area
- Successfully complete EDUC 2200E: Perspectives on Schooling
CYS Students in their final year of study intending to apply via the Pathway MUST also:
- Submit a King’s Internal Application form by Sept. 30th.
- Submit an OUAC/TEAS application to the Faculty of Education. These applications are highly recommended to be sent in late Sept- early Oct. to receive feedback on eligibility.
- Complete CASPER testing
- Please find details on Step 4 listed here: https://www.edu.uwo.ca/teacher-education/apply.html
- Students must register prior to the December 1st deadline.
The Guaranteed Admission Pathway is available ONLY to students completing a FOUR-YEAR CYS Honours Specialization, or CYS Major Module at King’s.
Applicants who meet the above requirements will be prioritized for the Early Childhood Education specialty area. In addition to King’s requirements, students need to meet all the other requirements for admission to the Faculty of Education.
Important note: there are limited spots per admission cycle for CYS students seeking Pathway Admission to Western’s Bachelor of Education program. A maximum of 10 CYS students per admissions cycle may be granted admission. Possession of the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
Students must be in a current undergraduate degree to be eligible to apply via the Faculty of Education Pathway program.
**These requirements are subject to change. Please consult your Academic Advisor for any updates.
DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 30th