By choosing to study Accounting at King’s University College, you are enrolling in an accounting program that allows you to gain valuable critical thinking and management skills. King’s Accounting degree is approved by CPA Ontario for entry into the CPA Professional Education Program (CPA PEP), a must for anyone seeking to become a qualified accountant in Ontario, giving you the preparation you need to be successful.
Our accounting graduates have been hired by the leading global and local accounting firms, and King’s Accounting degree allows you to work with professors in a similar class setting while ensuring you gain the competencies and knowledge required by accountants.
For Ontario high school students a minimum 79% final entrance average is required. Averages are calculated on the top six 4U or 4M credits including English 4U and two of MCV 4U, MHF 4U or MDM 4U. MCV 4U strongly recommended
College transfer students are required to have a minimum 2.7 GPA on an acceptable one-year certificate (General Arts and Sciences, Pre-Health Science, Human Services Foundation) or completed diploma. College transfer students may earn a maximum of five transfer credit. Individual courses must have a minimum achievement of 60% to be considered for transfer credit.
King’s projects a minimum 65% for admission for students transferring from another Canadian University. A maximum of ten transfer credit may be granted. Individual courses must have a minimum achievement of 60% to be considered for transfer credit.
There may be secondary school level prerequisite courses necessary to be eligible for registration in some King’s courses or to be eligible for admission to some programs. Please contact the Admissions Office for more information before applying.
- Help students to evaluate and assess strategic and operational issues to develop successful options and decisions.
- Learn to use critical thinking skills and analytical tools (projections, break-even, cost/benefit, differential, cash flow, etc.) to problem solve.
Typical career options for Accounting graduates can include:
- Public or private accounting, industry, tax specialist
- Corporate or private consulting
- Government Sector accounting and education
- Other Professional Sectors - Manufacturing, Healthcare, Not for Profit, Retail, etc.
Fee details and schedules are available at www.kings.uwo.ca/fee-schedules/