Centre for Multidisciplinary Applied Research at King's
The Centre for Multidisciplinary Applied Research at King's (MARK) was created with the approval of College Council in November 2014. MARK is an initiative of members of the Departments of Psychology, Social Work, and Sociology; however, participation is open to interested members from all departments. The mission of the Centre is to “facilitate and showcase innovative research with applications for the betterment of individuals and/or society” (MARK Constitution).
The mission of the MARK is to facilitate and showcase innovative research with applications for the betterment of individuals and/or society.
Promote human welfare through multidisciplinary research and the communication of that research to the broader community.
- To highlight the exciting applied research at King’s.
- To create opportunities for research collaborations among faculty, students, and the community.
- To organize and host guest speakers, from a range of disciplines, that are engaged in innovative applied research. Both the King’s and broader London community will be invited to attend the speaker series.
- To organize and host an interdisciplinary research conference for applied researchers (including student researchers) from North America and beyond.
- To organize and host workshops for applied researchers and student researchers from King’s and beyond.
- To create and maintain a website that highlights the applied research and researchers at King’s. The website will also serve as a portal and platform for knowledge exchange amoung students, researchers, and community members/groups.