Seeing a career counsellor can be helpful at any stage of your university experience. Career counselling can help you cope better with the transition into university, meet school and life challenges more effectively and feel confident about the direction you are going.
At Accessibility Counselling and Student Development we have professional counsellors who specialize in career development who will help you figure out your best next step on your career journey.
Student seek career counselling for many different reasons:
- Self exploration: learning who you are and what you want
- Making future educational choices: post degree, graduate and professional programs
- Job search and networking strategies to find meaningful work
- Managing accessibility challenges and career goals
- Connecting your degree to future work possibilities
- Finding and building relevant experience
- Mobilizing skills to manage career planning and mental health concerns
- Decision making, planning and goal setting
- Diversity issues and their impact on career development
To Schedule an Appointment with a Career Counsellor
Complete our Registration Form. You will be asked to log-in using your Western username and password.
Once you submit your registration form, you will need to complete the Appointment Request form.
When the Counselling office receives both your registration form, as well as the appointment request, you will receive an email to your Western email with an appointment to meet with a Career Counsellor.
If you have met with a Career Counsellor in the past, and would like to schedule another appointment, please complete the Appointment Request form.
Looking for something you can do right away? Do you have a specific question related to building experience? Creating a resume? Or preparing for an interview? Check out the Career Connect Website and find resources for all your career and job search needs.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-433-3491 ext. 7800