The Write Place
WE ARE TUTORING ONLINE!
Students at King’s and around the world are moving to blended and online courses, and we tutors at The Write Place are moving with you.
HOW TO GET FEEDBACK ON YOUR ASSIGNMENT
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org using your UWO e-mail
- In the e-mail subject line, write: Write Place Appointment
- Paste your assignment question or topic in the body of the e-mail.
In the e-mail, please give the following information:
- Your full name (first name/last name)
- Your UWO e-mail address
- The course code (e.g., Writing 1002F) for your assignment
- Your instructor’s name
- Is the submission a course requirement or for bonus marks?
- Is English your first or second language?
- In a sentence, explain what kind of help you want: Help with brainstorming? Feedback on the argument? Notes on structure and organizing? Grammar advice?
- Do you want a Zoom meeting or an e-mail response?*
Attach your essay to the e-mail in WORD format or, if you need help with brainstorming, attach your notes on your topic. Feedback is available during our regular Summer hours (Monday-Friday 10:30-3:30). Tutor response will take between 2 and 48 hours. We look forward to working with you!
* From June 1, we will also be offering Zoom feedback during our business hours, so if you would like to Zoom, do let us know, and look out for the e-mail giving you the Zoom link.
The Write Place is a hub for writers and writing at King’s and part of the Department of English, French, and Writing. Our tutors, writing consultants, and writing specialists empower writers working on academic and creative projects, helping build the confidence that comes with improved reading, thinking, and communication skills. Our specialists also serve as resources on writing pedagogy for professors from all disciplines. We are committed to a vibrant, inclusive, and creative workplace culture that reflects the diversity at King’s.
What we do for students
The Write Place’s free and confidential service will help you develop the skills and confidence to take your writing to the next level.
Trained Peer Tutors, experienced Senior Tutors, and Writing Consultants help you
- brainstorm ideas before you have written a single word
- develop your thesis
- create an outline to structure your assignment
- integrate your research into your analysis
- follow citation style guidelines
- revise your writing to improve paragraphing and flow of ideas
- develop your proofreading skills (so you can fix grammar, spelling, punctuation).
We also invite you to
- explore your creative side with a peer tutor or with the Creative Writing Consultant
- address recurrent writing problems or improve your style with the Writing Consultants and Specialists
- discuss your résumés, personal statements, application letters with a peer tutor or Writing Consultant
- use Writing Room to work on your own, but with a Specialist’s expertise on tap
- attend our exciting socials and events, academic writing and creative writing workshops, and Visiting Author talks.
Book an appointment or drop in. We don’t edit essays and assignments; we help bring out the writer in you!
In 2018-19, we engaged with students through over 2500 appointments and drop-ins, and had around 400 attendees at our events and workshops.
Writing Program CoordinatorDr. Vidya Natarajan
Phone: 519-433-3491 ext. 4499