Any time you dial 911 it is important to
- remain calm
- give your name
- state that you are calling from King’s University College
- give the building name
- the room number, if possible
- indicate the nature of the emergency
- state which services are required
Stay on the line as long as possible to make sure that the information has been clearly communicated. The Fire Department will be automatically dispatched in the event of a fire alarm. It is still important that you call 911 in the event of any fire you discover.
519-521-6215 (They are in radio contact with Campus Police.)
King’s Main Reception
Dial ext. 7000 within MaX UC (They are in radio contact with Campus Police and King’s Security.)
IF YOU SMELL SMOKE, SEE FLAMES OR ARE ALERTED TO A FIRE
- Vacate the fire area and close doors on the way out.
- Pull the closest wall mounted fire alarm.
- Do not attempt to fight a fire unless you have been trained to use fire extinguishing equipment and it is safe to do so!
- Call 911 from a safe location or meet emergency response personnel outside – give them as much information as possible.
- Report all fires! (Even those that appear to be out.)
WHEN THE ALARM SOUNDS
Stop What You Are Doing and Leave the Building Immediately!
- Evacuate the building quickly even when you suspect a false alarm.
- If it is safe to do so, close windows and fire doors, turn off lights. Take your wallet, required medications, keys and coat, close your door and proceed quickly to the nearest exit.
- Do not use elevators during an alarm.
- Move away from the exits to clear the area for emergency personnel. Do not re-enter the building, even if the alarm stops ringing. Wait for permission to re-enter from UWO Police or emergency services personnel.
- If you are unable to leave due to smoke or fire conditions, or due to a physical disability, call 911 and give your location. Keep the doors closed. Seal vents and cracks with tape, towels, or sheets to keep smoke out.
In the event of a personal safety concern the police should be contacted immediately. Call 911 to contact London City Police. King’s Security (519-521-6215) is in radio contact with Campus Police.
Do not leave valuables sitting out in your office. Put them out of sight, preferably in a locked drawer or filing cabinet. Make sure that your laptop computer is secured by a cable to an anchor point. Any theft or suspicious activity must be reported immediately to King’s Security (519-521-6215) or in an emergency by calling 911.
For serious incidents dial 911 for assistance and then contact Security (519-521-6215).
Report any obscene or harassing telephone calls to Main Reception.
Members of the King’s Community must notify Security when they are on campus late at night or on weekends. Security can be contacted to escort individuals to their office or to their vehicles. Our campus is also patrolled by Campus Police who can be reached at 519-661-3300.