Letter of Permission Policy
for the Department of Sociology
at King’s University College

(October 2022)

A Letter of Permission (LOP) is a document that allows you, as an undergraduate student, to take one or more courses at another university as a visiting student and transfer the credit(s) toward your degree at King’s University College, Western University. Letters of permission are not granted on a retroactive basis. All Letters of Permission must be approved by the Academic Dean’s Office at King’s. If you take a course without requesting a Letter of Permission, you may have to apply for re-admission to this university.

Students in Sociology or Criminology must meet the following conditions:

  • The following Sociology/Criminology courses may not be taken through LOP.
    • Soc 2205A/B, Soc 2206A/B, Soc 2240E, Soc 2266A/B, Soc 2270A/B, Soc 2271A/B, Soc 3306A/B, Soc 3310A/B, Soc 4404F/G, Soc 4405F/G, and Soc 4409F/G
  • No first-year courses for admission to any module in Sociology/Criminology can be taken through LOP.
  • Students who have 10.0 transfer credits from another institution are not eligible to apply for LOP courses.
  • Must fulfill all other general LOP eligibility and procedures: https://www.kings.uwo.ca/current-students/courses-enrolment/degree-information/another-university/