Graduate School Information
Thinking about applying to Graduate or Law School?
Thursday October 8 -10:30 am
GRaduate School Application Workshop
Thursday October 14 - 10:30 am
GRaduate School Scholarship (OGS/SSHRC) Workshop
Thursday October 22 at 10:30 am
Law School Application Workshop
Email Claire.Hass@kings.uwo.ca to register.
All workshops will be hosted on Zoom.
If you plan on applying to Graduate School, please see the following handout for general information about the application process:
If you plan to apply for OGS or SSHRC, please see the following handout for an overview of the requirements and application process:
The Write Place has prepared video resources on:
- Writing Effective Personal Statements (Transcript)
- Preparing a Statement of Research Interests (Transcript)
You can brainstorm towards your personal statement or research proposal, or get feedback on your draft, with a Writing Specialist or tutor
- Thursday October 15, 4.30 to 6.30: Workshop your Personal Statement or Research Proposal with Write Place Specialists and Tutors
- Thursday October 22, 4.30 to 6.30: Workshop your Personal Statement or Research Proposal with Write Place Specialists and Tutors
To register for the above workshops, email firstname.lastname@example.org; you will receive a Zoom link.
One-on-one appointments with Write Place tutors can also be made through kings.mywconline.com for feedback on drafts of Graduate School Application materials.
Western is also running some law school webinars this fall. Go to the Western webinars page for more information: https://law.uwo.ca/future_students/jd_admissions/recruitment_events.html
Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS):
- $10,000 for 2 consecutive terms of study
- $15,000 for 3 consecutive terms of study
Eligibility: Have achieved a minimum of 80% or equivalent, in each of the last two completed years of full-time study (full-time equivalent)
Deadline: Application deadlines may differ among universities, applications are available in October
Application Procedure: Applications are available through the graduate studies offices of eligible Ontario institutions (links can be found on the OGS page). Each university has its own unique application that should be available in October, however, this may vary by institution. Students wishing to apply to graduate programs at more than one institution will have to complete each institution’s OGS application form.
Components of an OGS Application:
- Application Form
- Academic Assessment Reports (2)
- Statement of Interest
- List of Scholarships and Awards
- List of Significant Academic Accomplishments
- Summary Sheet
Joseph-Armand Bombardier Canada Graduate Scholarships
in Social Sciences and Humanities Research (SSHRC)
- ONLINE APPLICATION DEADLINE – DECEMBER 1ST before 8:00pm(EST)
- Value: $17,500 for 12 months, non-renewable
- Must have achieved a first-class average, as determined by the host institution, in each of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent);
- Must be applying for a research based plan of study
Tri-Agency Canada Graduate Scholarships- Master’s (CGSM) Information Sessions. Western SGPS staff will give a presentation on the internal process of application at Western. A one-hour session offered on five different days in the IGAB Classroom 1N05 (no registration required)
- Coming soon...