Tutoring and consultations in Fall/ Winter 2022-2023 will be offered both online and in-person. All appointments are 50 minutes long, and should be booked through https://kings.mywconline.com.
**Please book an appointment, well in advance of your due-date, so you have enough time to incorporate feedback and revise your paper.
The Write Place will not review tests, quizzes, or exams (including midterms or take-home exams.)
We are not an editing service. We will provide you with feedback, so that you can learn, and edit your own work, and make changes as needed.
Register at kings.mywconline.com the first time you use it.
- Click on “Register for an account.
- Fill out the information on the “Create a New Account” page. Create and remember your password.
- Click COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
- Return to the Login page. Log in using your UWO email address and the password you created when you registered.
- Log in to kings.mywconline.com using your UWO email address and the password that you created when you registered.
- To make an appointment with a Write Place Tutor, Consultant, or Specialist, select the “Tutors, Consultants, and Specialists” schedule. For an appointment with one of our Writing Specialists, select the “Writing Specialists” schedule. For a Creative Writing appointment, select the “Creative Writing Specialist” schedule.
- White rectangles are open appointment slots. Click on one to open a “Create New Appointment” window.
- In “Create New Appointment,” select either asynchronous (email feedback, works well if you are in a different time zone) or synchronous appointment (works best if you have a mic and webcam). If you would like a Face to Face appointment, you can choose that option, and meet your tutor in KC 113, in the Student Life Centre.
- Enter the course details (course code, instructor’s name), and the assignment details (bonus marks, due date, what you want to work on). Paste your assignment question into the text box and add any completed work as an attachment. If there is no attachment, it means you want to brainstorm.
- Click CREATE APPOINTMENT.
- When you return to the schedule, you will see your appointment at your requested time. Appointments that you make for yourself appear as a gold/yellow rectangle.
- Sometimes it may be necessary for us to move an appointment to a different tutor, or a different time.
- Hover over the “Welcome” menu.
- Scroll down to “My Appointments.”
- If you have any upcoming appointments they will be listed to the right of “My Appointments.”
- Click on the date and time of the appointment to open the “View Existing Appointment” window, where you can start or join a synchronous appointment, edit the appointment to attach files, or cancel the appointment.
To cancel or change an appointment (up to one hour before the start time):
Find your appointment on the schedule.
Open the “View Existing Appointment” window and click on CANCEL APPOINTMENT at the bottom of the window. Or click on EDIT APPOINTMENT at the bottom of the window. You can add files in the file attachment area towards the bottom of the window.