Please read up-to-date information about Arriving in Canada on King's Arrival page.
If you have If you have questions about quarantine, documentation required to enter Canada, or any other immigration related questions, please contact King’s International at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As of August 9, 2021, new measures will be put in place for travellers to Canada, including international students. These measures include:
- Eliminating the 3-night government-authorized hotel stay requirement for all air travellers arriving after 12:01 a.m. EDT on August 9, 2021. Until that time, non-vaccinated travellers flying to Canada must complete their 3-night hotel stay while they wait for their on-arrival test results.
- Implementing a surveillance randomized testing regime for fully vaccinated travellers who qualify for entry to Canada at select airports and land border crossings across Canada. Unvaccinated travellers will continue to be subject to mandatory on-arrival and day 8 testing.
- All travellers must still provide a quarantine plan and be prepared to quarantine, in case it is determined at the border that they do not meet the necessary requirements.
- The requirements to receive a COVID test 72 hours within departure time and upload arrival information on the ArriveCAN app continues to be mandated for all travellers.
- Please see details here and here.
- On April 28th, IRCC announced that new study permit applications made by May 15th will receive a decision August 6th. Please see full details here.
- All King’s University College, degree-seeking students arriving by air up until October 31 2021, for their first entry into Canada since February 22, 2021 who underwent quarantine in a government-approved hotel are eligible for a subsidy. To see full eligibility requirements, please click here.
- All King's University College students arriving from outside of Canada (including international students and Canadian citizens) are required to complete a 14-day quarantine plan and must register their quarantine plan with King’s/Western prior to arrival in Canada. All travelers are also required to obtain a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to boarding their flight or within 72 hours pre-arrival at a land border, and enter their information in the ArriveCAN app prior to arrival (as well as confirm they have arrived at their quarantine location within 48 hours of entry to Canada and complete daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessments)
- Travellers are also required to undergo two COVID tests after arrival: One upon arrival at the airport and another one on day 8 of their quarantine (a self-testing kit will be provided upon arrival).Students who have been fully vaccinated with a Government of Canada approved vaccine may not require the 8 day COVID -19 test and may not be required to complete the 14 day quarantine plan they have submitted.
- As of Feb. 22, 2021, air travelers may be required to wait up to three days for their initial test results at Health Canada approved hotels. Staff/volunteers will connect with King’s students in quarantine for daily quarantine check-ins through the contact information provided in their quarantine registration.
- Residence and non-residence students to have access to a transportation and self-isolation service through Maple Assist and Residence Inn Marriott. Residents can also make their own self-isolation plan, with certain requirements for authorization to move into residence. More information can be found here.
Please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
- For up-to-date information related to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, including details on the impact of coronavirus on services and specific reference to travel restrictions and exemptions, visit the IRCC website
- For King’s COVID-19 updates, please visit: https://www.kings.uwo.ca/covid-19/
King's International Connections
Have questions about immigration, living and working in Canada, or general concerns?
Send us a private message on our Instagram @kings_intl and we will be happy to answer your question!
King's International offers a variety of programs and services for both international and domestic students. These services include:
- International Student Services and Orientation
- Immigration Advising
- Peer Guide Program
- Outgoing and Incoming Exchange
- International Partner Liaison
- International Student Programming
- Support for International Summer Programs
- International Risk Management
- Pre-Departure Sessions & Support for International Experiential Learning
Discover learning opportunities at King’s partner universities worldwide. Transfer credits from abroad to your King’s degree.
Exchange information for students coming from partner universities abroad (Students coming to King’s)
Linda Weber, Amna Wasty and Olivia Yusuf are available for advising and support. They organize international student programs and provide information on how to study or volunteer abroad. Advising is available for matters pertaining to communication with your home/partner institution, international services and programs or cultural/personal adjustment. If you need assistance with any of these matters (or if you are not sure where to go for assistance) please contact King's International to schedule an appointment.
Email: King's International
Phone: 519-433-3491 ext. 4623
You can also contact Linda, Amna and Olivia individually or come by the office during daily drop in hours from 2:00-3:00pm.
Alumni Court 220
|Dr. Linda Weber,
Manager, King's International
Office: Alumni Court
Phone: 519-433-3491ext. 4363
|Amna Wasty, MA, RISIA
Exchange and International Student Advisor, King's International
Office: Alumni Court 220A
Phone: 519-433-3491 ext. 4589
International Programs Coordinator, King's International
Office: Alumni Court 220
Phone: 519-433-3491 ext. 4623