From November 15, 2022, until December 31, 2023, international students who are in Canada and who have off-campus work authorization on their study permit will not be restricted by the 20-hour-per-week rule. Foreign nationals who have already submitted a study permit application, as of Oct. 7, 2022, will also be able to benefit from this temporary change, provided their application is approved.
For the full news release, please visit: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2022/10/international-students-to-help-address-canadas-labour-shortage.html
If you have questions about your authorization to work, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
King’s has partnered with Devant to offer specialized career support services for our international students, and give you the knowledge, tools, and connections to successfully engage with Canadian employers and get hired.
Sign up for free to access all the following:
- ‘Get Hired’ Master Class and official certification with 30+ video modules and downloadable templates
- Online resume tools including resume scanner and writing guidebook
- Live virtual hiring expos with 20+ employers
- Live webinars on LinkedIn, job posting analysis, industry research, and interview skills, hosted by career experts
- Live immigration Q&As with a Canadian immigration lawyer
- Professional networking events
- Supportive online community
- And more!
King's International offers a variety of programs and services for both international and domestic students. These services include:
- International Student Services and Orientation
- Immigration Advising
- Peer Guide Program
- Outgoing and Incoming Exchange
- International Partner Liaison
- International Student Programming
- Support for International Summer Programs
- International Risk Management
- Pre-Departure Sessions & Support for International Experiential Learning
Discover learning opportunities at King’s partner universities worldwide. Transfer credits from abroad to your King’s degree.
Exchange information for students coming from partner universities abroad (Students coming to King’s)
Amna Wasty, Olivia Yusuf and He (Eric) Wang are happy to assist international students in preparing for and during their journey to King’s.
The team at King’s International provides the following supports:
- Reception and arrival services
- Programming and events throughout the year, including our Bridging Orientation and Peer Guide Program
- Immigration advising
- Supports for outgoing and incoming exchange
- Referrals to other departments
Advising is available for matters pertaining to communication with your home/partner institution, international services and programs or cultural/personal adjustment. If you need assistance with any of these matters (or if you are not sure where to go for assistance) please contact King's International to schedule an appointment.
Email: King's International
Phone: 519-433-3491 ext. 4623
You can also contact Amna, Olivia and Eric individually or come by the office during daily drop-in hours from 2:00-3:00 p.m.
Alumni Court, room 220
|Amna Wasty, MA, RISIA
Manager, King's International
Office: Alumni Court 220B
Phone: 519-433-3491 ext. 4589
(Currently on leave)
International Student Programs and Engagement Coordinator,
Office: Alumni Court 220
Phone: 519-433-3491 ext. 4623
|He (Eric) Wang, M.Ed, RCIC
International and Exchange Student Advisor
Office: Alumni Court 220A
Phone: 519-433-3491 ext. 4782