Now accepting nominations for 2024. Recognizing the achievements, dedication, and community service of King's alumni by nominating deserving graduates for the Alumni Award of Distinction and Recent Graduate Award.
King's is pleased to announce this year's Alumni Award recipients! Congratulations to Jennifer Slay '99, Alumni Award of Distinction recipient and Bangishimo '13, Recent Graduate Award Recipient.
Jennifer Slay '99 (she/her) is described as "the epitome of when passion meets hard work." Her work ethic, integrity, and empathy for humanity are demonstrated in how she leads, inspiring women and girls to be all that they can be.
Bangishimo '13 (they/them) is an IndigiQueer Anishinaabe originally from Couchiching First Nations. They are a photographer, filmmaker, community advocate, and co-founder of O:se Kenhionhata:tie, also known as Land Back Camp, raising awareness of Indigenous issues and advocating for change.
The King’s University College Alumni Association administers two awards annually that recognize the achievements, dedication, and community service of deserving alumni.
There are many talented King’s alumni who deserve to be recognized for their outstanding achievements. If you know a King’s graduate whose contributions enhance his or her community and who is an inspiration to those who know them, please take a few minutes to submit a nomination.
The Alumni Award of Distinction recognizes a King’s graduate who is an inspiration to others, has made a significant contribution to the community or society, or has reached a high level of accomplishment in his or her field.
The Recent Graduate Award goes to an individual who graduated from King's in the last 15 years. The award recognizes outstanding achievements which have earned regional, national or international recognition in such areas as:
- service to humanity
- professional accomplishment
- community service
- the advancement of knowledge, or
- service to King’s University College
To be eligible for the Alumni Award of Distinction or Recent Graduate Award, the nominee:
- must be a graduate of King’s University College, London, Ontario
- must consent to the nomination
- must be available to attend Homecoming festivities, in person or virtually, when the award will be presented
- must not be a current King’s University Alumni Board Member
- To nominate a graduate for an award, please submit the Alumni Awards Nomination Form.
- Alumni may be nominated posthumously, in which case a representative can accept the award.
- Nominees who graduated from King's within the past 15 years will automatically be considered for the Recent Graduate Award.
- Self-nominations will be accepted with a written letter of support from someone known to the nominee.
- The Award Selection Committee, made up of members of the King’s Alumni Board, will review and grade nominations.
- One recipient for each award shall be chosen. However, in exceptional circumstances, two recipients will be considered.
- Nominations will stand for 36 months.
- The decision of the committee will be final.
ANNUAL Closing Date for Nominations: June 30
Please send your nomination to email@example.com or
King’s University College Alumni and Development, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario N6A 2M3