Call for Nominations
Recognizing the achievements, dedication, and community service of King's alumni is easier than ever with our new online Alumni Awards Nomination Form. Celebrate the successes of King's alumni by nominating deserving graduates for the Alumni Award of Distinction and Recent Graduate Award.
Congratulations to the 2021 Alumni Award Recipients!
Congratulations to Nancy Sutherland ’85, and Joe MacDonald ’80, recipients of the Alumni Award of Distinction, and Monica Ciriello ’09, Recent Graduate Award Recipient. Join us in celebrating these outstanding alumni at the 2021 Homecoming Virtual Alumni Awards Ceremony on Friday, September 24.
The King’s University College Alumni Association administers two awards annually that recognize the achievements, dedication, and community service of deserving alumni.
There are many talented King’s alumni who deserve to be recognized for their outstanding achievements. If you know a King’s graduate whose contributions enhance his or her community and who is an inspiration to those who know them, please take a few minutes to submit a nomination.
The Alumni Award of Distinction recognizes a King’s graduate who is an inspiration to others, has made a significant contribution to the community or society, or has reached a high level of accomplishment in his or her field.
The Recent Graduate Award goes to an individual who graduated from King's in the last 15 years. The award recognizes outstanding achievements which have earned regional, national or international recognition in such areas as:
- service to humanity
- professional accomplishment
- community service
- the advancement of knowledge, or
- service to King’s University College
To be eligible for the Alumni Award of Distinction or Recent Graduate Award, the nominee:
- must be a graduate of King’s University College, London, Ontario
- must consent to the nomination
- must be available to attend Homecoming festivities, in person or virtually, when the award will be presented
- must not be a current King’s University Alumni Board Member
- To nominate a graduate for an award, please submit the Alumni Awards Nomination Form.
- Alumni may be nominated posthumously, in which case a representative can accept the award.
- Nominees who graduated from King's within the past 15 years will automatically be considered for the Recent Graduate Award.
- Self-nominations will be accepted with a written letter of support from someone known to the nominee.
- The Award Selection Committee, made up of members of the King’s Alumni Board, will review and grade nominations.
- One recipient for each award shall be chosen. However, in exceptional circumstances, two recipients will be considered.
- Nominations will stand for 36 months.
- The decision of the committee will be final.
ANNUAl Closing Date for Nominations: June 30
Please send your nomination to email@example.com or
King’s University College Alumni and Development, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario N6A 2M3