For information on King's food services, visit our Food and Shopping page.
For information on King's Residence services, visit our Residence page.

With the cost of food, housing and other essentials continuing to rise, food insecurity is one of the most significant challenges students face today. The uncertainty and inability to maintain a sufficient diet can affect your grades, energy level, and concentration, as well as your performance today and, ultimately, your prospects.

King’s Food Cupboard: Take what you need, give what you can

Food and hygiene products are available in the lockers in the basement of the Student Life Centre, to support students who are facing difficulties in meeting their basic needs. This initiative is a collaboration between the King's University College Students’ Council (KUCSC), Student Affairs, and King’s Campus Ministry.

Feminine hygiene products are also available for free in these washrooms at King's, thanks to the support of King's University College and the Physical Plant department:

  • Cardinal Carter Library: C100, C101, C200, C201
  • Dante Lenardon Hall: DL218
  • Labatt Hall: LH110, LH222
  • Student Life Centre: KC010, KC116, KC215
  • Wemple Hall: W020A

Read more about the King’s Food Cupboard.

Contribute to the King’s Food Cupboard

If you are in a position to give, you can donate non-perishable items to the cupboard, or in these drop boxes around campus:

  • King's Christ the King Chapel, Wemple Hall
  • Accessibility, Counselling and Student Development (ACSD) reception, Wemple 151
  • Emily Carrothers' office, Wemple 064
  • By the security office in the SLC
  • Upstairs in Dante Lenardon Hall
  • Windermere on the Mount (at the St. Joseph’s altar to the right of the main altar)

You can also make a financial donation through Campus Ministry (noting Food Cupboard) or through the Student Emergency Fund. Donations made through the Student Emergency Fund will receive a charitable tax receipt.

Maintaining secure and affordable housing is a big task for community members. We encourage you to reach out to our campus social worker at for support if you are experiencing housing issues. You can also access these resources:

You can contact King’s campus social worker for additional support at or at 519-518-3478 x 4734.