Faculty of Education Pathway
Beginning with the 2019 intake of teacher candidates, Western’s Faculty of Education will guarantee entry into the B.Ed. program for King’s graduates who successfully compete a French, Catholic Studies for Teachers, or a Social Justice and Peace Studies degree program with an overall average of at least 75% and fulfill all other requirements for admission to the Faculty of Education.
Social Justice and Peace Studies students and French graduates may pursue the Primary/Junior, Junior/Intermediate or Intermediate/Senior stream. Catholic Studies for Teachers students may choose from either the Junior/Intermediate or Intermediate/Senior streams.
“With the addition of two new pathways for admission into the Bachelor of Education program for graduates from King’s in Social Justice and Peace Studies and French, King’s is pleased to further extend our partnership with Western’s Faculty of Education,” says Dr. Tracy Cunningham, Associate Registrar at King's. “This opportunity provides prospective applicants with another career possibility to consider as they are making important decisions about their university choices, and increases the options for our graduates as they develop their post-graduate prospects.”
For guaranteed admission you must meet the requirements below:
- Cumulative average of 75% or above in French courses
- Intermediate-Senior: 70% average in courses supporting a second teachable subject
- Junior-Intermediate: at least ½ course in at least four of six background subject areas
- Primary-Junior: at least ½ course in at least four of six background subject areas
- 70% in best 10.0 courses
- In addition to King’s requirements, students need to meet all the other requirements for admission to the Faculty of Education: https://www.edu.uwo.ca/teacher-education/apply.html
If you meet the above requirements, and would like to like to be considered for guaranteed admission you will need to fill out this form https://forms.kings.kucits.ca/Forms/Faculty-of-Education-Pathway.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email the French Program Advisor.