Research Ethics Review Committee
Western’s Online Survey Tool
-To use Western's Survey Tool go to https://mysurveys.uwo.ca/.
-In order to see what a completed survey looks like, please log on to the Matrix Energetics Seminar Survey: https://mysurveys.uwo.ca/.
(If you like, you can try it with a made-up name and password. Just click on the "Submit This Page" button at the bottom of each page to see the next page. Note: Text boxes can be made to whatever size is required.)
RERC Recommendation: Qualtrics versus Survey Monkey
While each investigator is free to select whichever survey platform best meets the needs of the study and the participants RERC recommends the use of Qualtrics.
We have provided a summary sheet reviewing the strengths and limits of each option for your information.
RESEARCH ETHICS REVIEW APPLICATION (All research applicants must do so on-line)
Fillable PDFs MUST be filled out using Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader version 9 or greater.
- Terms of Reference
- TCPS2 - Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans (2018)
- Schedule of Submission Dates 2021-2022
When you have finished your project, please provide an End of Study Report by completing the form below within 30 days after 12 months from the date your project was granted ethics clearance.
If your project is a multi-year research project and is not yet completed, please provide an Annual Status Report for Multi-Year Research Project by filling out the form below every year within 30 days after the date your project was granted ethics clearance.
b. Application and Related Information
- Application Process Flowchart
- Tips / Instructions to Applicant (communications & guidelines)
- Non-Medical Research RERC Submission Form
- Appendix A - Checklist for Ethical Assessment of Research Proposals
- Appendix B - Instructions for Preparing Letters of Information & Consent Forms
- Transcription Confidentiality Agreement
- Research Assistant Confidentiality Agreement
f. Ethics Guidelines - Research with Human Subjects
g. Student Project Ethics Review Protocol
Student Project: Ethics Review - Instructor's Review Form
h. Information and Data Collection Involving Gender and Sexuality
i. Toward A Trauma- And Violence-Informed Research Ethics Module: Considerations And Recommendations