Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island Assessment Criteria
If you are currently attending a Prince Edward Island secondary school, you must complete a secondary school diploma or certificate by June including each of the following to be considered for admission:
- Five acceptable academic courses at the grade 12 level
- Up to one of these five courses may be substituted from the acceptable options list to calculate an admission average.
- English 621
- Prerequisites for your program as specified by King’s (see Program Requirements below).
Self Reported Grade Forms should be submitted as soon as you receive mid-year grades.
Program Requirements and Recommend Courses:
*NEW* Management and Organizational Studies (BMOS) Prerequisites:
- One of Math 621B or Math 611B
- A Grade 12 Calculus and/or an equivalent university Calculus course is required prior to taking mandatory Math and senior level Economics/ Finance courses..
Social Sciences Recommended Courses:
- One University Preparatory Math: Math 621B or Math 611B will be necessary for Programs in Psychology. Math is not required for admission to the program.
- One University Preparatory Math: Math 621B or Math 611B will be necessary for Programs in Economics or Finance. Math is not required for admission to the program.
Additional Admissions Information:
- Required Prerequisite courses will be used in the admission average. Recommended courses while necessary for course selection will NOT be used in the admission average if it is not part of the top five acceptable academic courses.
- If a course has been taken more than once, the highest reported successful grade in the course will be used in the calculation of your admission average.
- Grades obtained through Challenge for Credit will not be used in the calculation of an admission average.
- King's University College at Western University will extend automatic alternate offers of admission. If you applied for a limited enrolment program ie. (BMOS) and do not meet our minimum requirements you will be considered for the Faculty of Social Science or Arts.
- Upgrading in certain subjects, particularly Calculus, may be required during first-year to satisfy admission or progression requirements for Management and Organizational Studies.
Academic English 621
Advanced Algebra 611
Advanced Calculus 611
Advanced Chemistry 611
Any Advanced Placement 611 or 621 (AP)
Any International Baccalaureate (IB) except TOK
Any Language 621 or above
Introduction to Economics 621
Geography Global Issues 621
Canadian History 621
Prince Edward Island Historic Places 621
Advanced Political Studies 621
Computer Studies 621
Individual in Society 621
Note: This list is not exhaustive. If you have a question regarding the acceptability of a course for admission consideration, please contact the Registrar’s Office at King’s University College.