If you are registered in the full International Baccalaureate Program, King's requires the following:
- successful completion of the IB Diploma including the Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay
- passes in a minimum of 6 subjects of which 3 must be at the Higher Level;
- a minimum predicted score of 28 (additional points to a maximum of 3 will be awarded for the successful completion of the Extended Essay and Theory of Knowledge);
- no mark less than 4 on any individual course
- Prerequisites for your program as specified by King's*
* SL or HL math is required for admission to Management and Organizational Studies at King's.
Applicants completing the IB Diploma may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of predicted grades.Please send predicted grades directly to King's University College.
IB applicants who have successfully completed the IB Diploma and meet King's admission requirements, are eligible for transfer credit consideration for each Higher Level subject with a score of 5 or higher.
IB Transfer Credit Eligibility
Transfer Credit Given
|HL Biology||Biology 1001a and 1002b|
|HL Business and Management||Business 1020 TRN|
|HL Chemistry||Chemistry 1050|
|HL Computer Science||Computer Science 1020 TRN|
|HL Design Technology||Science 1020 TRN|
|HL Economics||Economics 1021A & 1022B|
|HL French||French 1900E|
|HL Geography||Geography 1020 TRN|
|HL History||History 1020 TRN|
|HL Infotechnology in a Global Society||Interdisciplinary Studies 1020 TRN|
|HL Languages||(Language) 1020 TRN or 0002 TRN|
|HL Mathematics||Calculus 1000A & Math 1229B|
|HL Music||Music 1020 TRN|
|HL Philosophy||Philosophy 1020 TRN|
|HL Physics||Physics 1501a and 1502b|
|HL Psychology||Psychology 1020 TRN|
|HL Social and Cultural Anthropology||Anthropology 1020 TRN|
|HL Theatre Arts||Theatre Arts 1020 TRN|
|HL Visual Arts||
Visual Arts 1020 TRN
Transferred courses with a designation of TRN are not directly equivalent to Western/King's courses but may be used toward your degree.