Ontario Assessment Criteria
If you are currently attending an Ontario secondary school, please see requirements below:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- A minimum of six grade 12 U/M level courses (excluding co-op), including:
- English (ENG4U)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency if English is not your first language
- Requirements specific to your program
- All required and recommended courses must be at the Grade 12U or M level
How do we make offers of admission?
- We make admission decisions based on the grades we receive from the Ontario Universities' Application Centre prior on a continuous basis.
- We'll look at the grades in required courses for your program, plus your highest grade 12 grades
- We will also consider your overall grade 11 performance for early offers only
- If you have two repeats, we'll take the highest of the two
- Taking online, summer or private school courses? It is your responsibility to make sure they are approved and accredited by the Ministry of Education. If you are taking summer courses, please inform us that you are enrolled by emailing email@example.com the registration information
- Students may complete an Applicant Profile (which describes extenuating circumstances and extracurricular activities), which will be considered in cases where the minimum average wasn't met
Every program has specific course and supplemental requirements.
- Required courses: You need these for admission to the program
- Recommended courses: You don't need these to be admitted, but we do recommend that you take them to be successful in your first year and to be able to take the courses you need
- Supplemental requirements: These are additional forms to help us decide if the program is right for you
Final admission averages (2021-2022)
|Childhood and Social Institutions||80%|
|Management and Organizational Studies||80%|
|Social Justice and Peace Studies||80%|
POSSESSION OF THESE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS DOES NOT GUARANTEE ADMISSION.