If you are currently attending a Nova Scotia secondary school, you must complete a secondary school diploma or certificate by the end of June including each of the following to be considered for admission:
- Five acceptable academic courses at the grade 12 level
- Up to one of these five courses may be substituted from the acceptable options list to calculate an admission average.
- English 12
- Pre-calculus and Foundations of Math are both acceptable courses but only one can be used in the average calculation.
- Prerequisites for your program as specified by King’s (see Program Requirements below).
Self Reported Grade Forms should be submitted as soon as you receive mid-year grades.
Program Requirements and Recommend Courses:
*NEW* Management and Organizational Studies (BMOS) Prerequisites:
- One of Calculus 12, Pre-Calculus 12, or Advanced Math 12
- A Grade 12 Calculus and/or an equivalent university Calculus course is required prior to taking mandatory Math and senior level Economics/ Finance courses.
Social Sciences Recommended Courses:
- University preparatory math will be necessary for courses in Economics and Psychology but is not required for admission to the programs.
Additional Admissions Information:
- If a course has been taken more than once, the highest reported successful grade in the course will be used in the calculation of your admission average.
- Grades obtained through Challenge for Credit will not be used in the calculation of an admission average.
- King's University College at Western University will extend automatic alternate offers of admission. If you applied for a limited enrolment program ie. (BMOS) and do not meet our minimum requirements you will be considered for the Faculty of Social Science or Arts.
- Upgrading in certain subjects, particularly Calculus, may be required during first-year to satisfy admission or progression requirements for Management and Organizational Studies.
Any Advanced Placement 12 (AP)
Any International Baccalaureate (IB) except TOK
Any Language 12
Canadian Literature 12
Computer Related Studies 12
Computer Science 12
Études Planétaire Global 12
Global Geography 12
Global History 12
Canadian Law 12
Environmental Systems 12
Modern World Problems 12
Music Theory 12
Political Science 12
If you have any questions about acceptable courses please contact the admissions office at email@example.com