British Columbia / Yukon
British Columbia and Yukon Assessment Criteria
If you are currently attending an a British Columbia or Yukon secondary school, you must complete a secondary school diploma or certificate by June including each of the following to be considered for admission:
- Five acceptable academic course numbered 12
- English 12 or English First Peoples 12(to be considered as one of the five courses for admission)
- Prerequisites for your program as specified by King’s (see Program Requirements below).
BMOS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS AND RECOMMEND COURSES:
- One of Pre-Calculus 12 or Foundations in Mathematics 12
- A Grade 12 Calculus and/or an equivalent university Calculus course is required prior to taking mandatory Math and senior level Economics/ Finance courses.
SOCIAL SCIENCES RECOMMENDED COURSES:
- One University Preparatory Math: Pre-Calculus 12 or Foundations in Math 12 will be necessary for Programs in Psychology. Math is not required for admission to the program.
- One University Preparatory Math: Pre-Calculus 12 or Foundations in Math 12 will be necessary for Programs in Economics or Finance. Math is not required for admission to the program.
- One University Preparatory Math : Pre –Calculus 12 will be necessary for the Finance and Wealth Management Program.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSIONS INFORMATION:
- The final grade for English 12 (i.e. blended school grade and exam grade) is used in the calculation of the admission average.
- Required Prerequisite courses will be used in the admission average. Recommended courses while necessary for course selection will NOT be used in the admission average if it is not part of the top five acceptable academic courses.
- If a course has been taken more than once, the highest reported successful grade in the course will be used in the calculation of your admission average.
- King's University College at Western University will extend automatic alternate offers of admission. If you applied for a limited enrolment program ie. (BMOS or Finance and Wealth Management) and do not meet our minimum requirements you will be considered for the Faculty of Social Science or Arts.
- Upgrading in certain subjects, particularly Calculus, may be required during first-year to satisfy admission or progression requirements for Management and Organizational Studies.
- Any Advanced Placement 12 (AP)
- Any International Baccalaureate (IB) except TOK
- Any Language 12
- Biology 12
- Calculus 12
- Chemistry 12
- Comparative Civilizations 12
- Computer Science 12
- Computer Studies 12
- Economics 12
- English 12
- English 12 First Peoples
- English Language and Composition 12
- English Literature 12
- English Literature and Composition 12
- First Nations Studies 12
- Geography 12
- Geology 12
- History 12
- Human Geography 12
- ICT: Computer Programming 12
- Information Technology 12
- Introduction to Calculus 12
- Jewish History 12
- Law 12
- Philosophy 12
- Physics 12
- Pre-Calculus 12
- Foundations in Mathematics 12
- Social Justice 12
- Survey Mathematics 12
Note: This list is not exhaustive. If you have a question regarding the acceptability of a course for admission consideration, please contact the Enrolment Services at King’s University College.