General Certificate of Education
Please Note: There is a NEW admissions policy for applicants completing GCE Advanced Levels
Applicants who wish to be considered for admission to King's on the basis of General Certificate of Education Examinations must submit the following:
- Three distinct A-Level (or four distinct AS-Level) academic subjects. General Paper is not acceptable.
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) A Level examinations will be considered for admission if marks obtained are A, B, or C.
- Students who receive a 'B' grade on final GCE Advanced level exams will receive transfer credit for those courses approved by King's.
- Specific math prerequisite courses are required for admission to Management and Organizational Studies.
- Submission of five IGCSE/GCSE/Ordinary Level academic subjects or equivalent is required as reference for past academic success. General Certificate of Secondary Education (GCSE) examinations will be considered a pass if marks obtained are A, B, or C.
Applicants may be considered for conditional admission on the basis of predicted results while in progress in the GCE Advanced Level/Advanced Subsidiary Level courses. Predicted results and final O-Level results must be submitted directly to King's University College. Self-reported GCE Advanced Level Grades Form
GCE Advanced Level and / or Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level documents should be sent directly to King's University College for the examining boards as listed below:
- AQA: Confirmation of Results to a Third Party
- Cambridge (CIE): Certifying Statement of Results
- Edexcel: Certifying Statement of Results
- OCR: Certifying Statement of Results
Certificates must be official. Photocopies are acceptable if certified by school principal, head, or counsellor.
Advanced Standing: Students who receive a "B" on final Advanced Level exams will receive transfer credit for those courses approved by King's.
|Art (Art and Design)||Visual Arts 1020||1.0|
|Computing||Computer Science 1026A and 1027B||1.0|
|English Language||Not eligible|
Geography 1300A and 1400F
French 1910 or 1900E
Math 1020 TRN
|Physics||Physics 1301A + 1302B|
|Psychology||Psychology 1020 TRN||1.0|
|Sociology||Sociology 1020 or 1021E||1.0|
** Transferred courses with a designation of TRN are no directly equivalent to King's/Western courses but may be used toward your degree.