Manitoba Assessment Criteria
If you are currently attending a Manitoba secondary school, you must complete a secondary school diploma or certificate by June including each of the following to be considered for admission:
- Five acceptable academic courses numbered 40
- Up to one of these five courses may be substituted from the acceptable options list to calculate an admission average.
- English 40S
- Prerequisites for your program as specified by King’s (see Program Requirements below).
Self Reported Grade Forms should be submitted as soon as you receive mid-year grades.
Program Requirements and Recommend Courses:
*NEW* Management and Organizational Studies (BMOS) Prerequisites:
- One of Calculus 45S, Pre – Calculus 40S or Adv. Topics Math 45S
- A Grade 12 Calculus and/or an equivalent university Calculus course are required prior to taking mandatory Math and senior level Economics/ Finance courses.
Social Sciences Recommended Courses:
- One University Preparatory Math: 45S, Pre – Calculus 40S or Adv. Topics Math 45S will be necessary for Programs in Psychology. Math is not required for admission to the program.
- One University Preparatory Math: 45S, Pre – Calculus 40S or Adv. Topics Math 45S will be necessary for Programs in Economics or Finance. Math is not required for admission to the program.
Additional Admissions Information:
- Courses with a credit weight of .5 will be counted as one half-course and will be combined with another course with a credit weight of .5 to make up one full course.
- Required Prerequisite courses will be used in the admission average. Recommended courses while necessary for course selection will NOT be used in the admission average if it is not part of the top five acceptable academic courses.
- Grades obtained through Challenge for Credit will not be used in the calculation of an admission average.
- If a course has been taken more than once, the highest reported successful grade in the course will be used in the calculation of your admission average.
- King's University College at Western University will extend automatic alternate offers of admission. If you applied for a limited enrolment program ie. (BMOS) and do not meet our minimum requirements you will be considered for the Faculty of Social Science or Arts.
- Upgrading in certain subjects, particularly Calculus, may be required during first-year to satisfy admission or progression requirements for Management and Organizational Studies.
Advanced Mathematics 45S
Any Advanced Placement 40 (AP)
Any International Baccalaureate (IB) except TOK
Any Language 40S
Any Language 41G
Applied Mathematics 40S
Computer Science 40S
English 40S: Comprehensive Focus
English 40S: Language & Technical Communication
English 40S: Language & Literacy Forms
English 40S: Language & Transactional Focus
English 40S: Literary Focus
English 40S: Transactional Focus
French Conversational 40
Introduction to Calculus 45S
Modern Civilization 40
Statistics & Probability 45
Topics in Math 45
Western Civilization History 40S
World Geography: A Human Perspective 40S
Anatomy & Physiology 45
DNA Science 45
Economic Geography 40
Genetics & Evolution 40
Government & Politics 45
Modern World Problems 40
Social Studies: World Issues 40S
Studio Art 42S AP
Note: This list is not exhaustive. If you have a question regarding the acceptability of a course for admission consideration, please contact the Registrar’s Office at King’s University College.