T2202 - Tuition and Education Amounts

Tax receipt for eligible tuition and fees, by calendar year (not academic year).  Available at http://student.uwo.ca at the end of February for the previous calendar year.

Tax Information for Residence 

Box 61140 - If you lived in a designated Ontario university, college, or private school residence, you will get $25.00 for the property tax component of the OEPTC for the part of the year that you lived in that residence. For more information please visit the CRA website. 


Tax receipt for scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards issued by King's or forwarded to King's on behalf of external organizations.  Students will be emailed when the slips are available online on their Student Portal; myKings.ca/sfs-portal/ (typically end of February).   For information on how to report your scholarship/bursary income, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website at; http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/rtrn/cmpltng/rprtng-ncm/lns101-170/130/schlrshp-eng.html. If you are experiencing difficulties accessing this form, please email studentfinance@kings.uwo.ca

If you receive scholarships, bursaries or awards directly from Western University  (included BSWD funding), Western will post a T4A on your student center at student.uwo.ca 


Tax receipt issued for your employment by King's  (i.e. Work Study Students, Research Assistants, Contract Employees) earned in the calendar year.  These slips are found on your King's Employee Center Portal. Under My Self Service, click on Tax Forms and click View to open your T4.

Student Donation Fee Receipts

Student donation fee receipts, for income tax purposes, are available through the Foundation/Alumni Office.  For information contact Foundation/Alumni at 519-433-3491 ext. 4500.

Bus Pass Receipts

There are no special tax forms issued for the bus pass.  If you are claiming the bus pass amount charged with your King's tuition charges, generic fee schedules can be found on the under the 'Fee Schedules' link .

Undergraduate students have bus pass charges that cross tax years and can claim the following:

* For students who were registered full time and paid for a 12 month bus pass, one half of that cost can be claimed in the current tax year.

* For students who were registered full time in two consecutive academic years and paid for a bus pass in both academic years, one half of the cost from the previous academic year and one half of the cost from the current academic year can be claimed when doing your tax filing.

International Students

King's University College is required to report this information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian tax returns.  For information on whether you need to file a Canadian tax return and/or a tax return in your country of origin, as well as information on how to file a Canadian tax return as an international student please visit the UWO website

Students and Income Tax - Guide (CRA)