Who Pays Canadian Tuition Fees?
- Canadian citizens/Native Canadians residing outside Canada
- Permanent Residents (Landed Immigrants) of Canada
- Individuals admitted to Canada under a diplomatic visa, as well as their dependents
- Individuals admitted to Canada under an employment visa and their dependents. The dependent must be registered as a full-time student
- Legal dependents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada. The dependent status must be fully documented, and must have been established a minimum of three years prior to application for exception
- Persons admitted to Canada who are officially recognized as Convention refugees or who have applied for Convention refugee status, prior to January 1, 1989
If you fit into one of the above categories, you must submit an original copy of the appropriate documentation to Student Financial Services (Wemple 144) before the deadline in each term the student is registered. No exceptions to deadlines will be accepted.
- Full Fall/Winter Undergraduate Term - November 1st
- Fall/Winter Second Term Only - February 1st
- Canadian Birth Certificate
- Canadian Passport
- Canadian Permanent Residency Card
- Certificate of Indian Status Card (issued by DIAND/INAC/AANDC)
- Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292, IMM 5688)
- Protected Person Status Document (IMM 5292)
- Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
- Diplomatic Visa
- Work Permit (IMM 1442) with accompanying Study Permit (IMM1442)
For additional information, please check here.