Intent to Register
Intent to Register
The Intent to Register (ITR) is your opportunity to indicate your intention to study at King’s this Fall 2024, and your desired degree and program choices. Your ITR will allow you to choose your courses in June/July.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF COMPLETING MY ITR?
- Gives you priority in the summer to choose your courses for the upcoming school year
- Ensures your timely admission into programs, making summer registration easier
- Helps us to ensure that we have the best selection of courses available next year
HOW DO I COMPLETE MY INTENT TO REGISTER?
Follow the steps below to find out how to select your degree/module(s) and how to submit your Intent to Register form:
- Step 1: Review the information in the online 2024 Academic Calendar .
- Step 2: Access your academic record which is available online at “Student Centre”
- Step 3: Read these instructions, Read the 2024 Academic Calendar for information on degree and module choices. Review our Intent to Register Powerpoint above
- Step 4: Attend an Information session listed below to help you to make a good decision!
- Step 5: Submit your Intent to Register Form: March 1 - April 2, 2024
or review one of the step by step guides:
WHO NEEDS TO COMPLETE AN ITR?
All current first-year students MUST complete an ITR.
Year 2, 3 and 4 students don't need to complete an ITR unless they wish to change their program/module, or if they are changing their course load status (that is, changing full-time to part-time status). If you're in year 2 or above and are not making changes to your program or course load status, you do not need to complete the ITR this year.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO COMPLETE MY ITR?
You must complete your ITR by April 2, 2024. The ITR form on the Student Centre will be available starting March 1st.
WHAT IF I AM NOT SURE WHAT PROGRAM TO CHOOSE?
- Take time to reflect on your passions, interests and career aspirations
- Gather as much information as possible; talk to professors, family, friends, KAMP mentors, a career counsellor, and academic advisors
2024 Information Sessions:
ITR info session:
Learn more about ITR from an academic counsellor including how to complete it online and important degree requirements at one of these information sessions:
INTENT TO REGISTER INFORMATION SESSION FOR INTERNATIONAL MEM STUDENTS
Learn more about ITR from an academic counsellor including how to complete it online and important degree requirements
- Monday, February 26th KC 119 11AM - 1PM or 2 - 4 PM
POLITICS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS ITR SESSION
- Thursday, March 7th LH 103 1:30PM, Zoom option will also be available
Additional information sessions will be added as scheduled. Please check back regularly
HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
- The Advising Office is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and from noon to 4 pm. on Wednesdays. If you have general questions, we will help you get an answer. If you are not able to stop in, you may email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For information on attending drop-in or booking an appointment please see the Academic Dean's webpage.