Intent to Register
Intent to Register
The Intent to Register (ITR) is your opportunity to indicate your intention to study at King’s this Fall 2023, and your desired degree and program choices. Your ITR will allow you to choose your courses in June/July.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF COMPLETING MY ITR?
- Gives you priority in the summer to choose your courses for the upcoming school year
- Ensures your timely admission into programs, making summer registration easier
- Helps us to ensure that we have the best selection of courses available next year
HOW DO I COMPLETE MY INTENT TO REGISTER?
Follow the steps below to find out how to select your degree/module(s) and how to submit your Intent to Register form:
- Step 1: Review the information in the online 2023 Academic Calendar .
- Step 2: Access your academic record which is available online at “Student Centre”
- Step 3: Read these instructions, Read the 2023 Academic Calendar for information on degree and module choices. Review our Intent to Register Powerpoint above
- Step 4: Attend an Information session listed below to help you to make a good decision!
- Step 5: Submit your Intent to Register Form: March 1 - March 31
or review one of the step by step guides:
Step by Step Guide to submit an Intent to Register
Academic Calendar Intent to Register Information
WHO NEEDS TO COMPLETE AN ITR?
All current first-year students MUST complete an ITR.
Year 2, 3 and 4 students don't need to complete an ITR unless they wish to change their program/module, or if they are changing their course load status (that is, changing full-time to part-time status). If you're in year 2 or above and are not making changes to your program or course load status, you do not need to complete the ITR this year.
WHAT IS THE DEADLINE TO COMPLETE MY ITR?
You must complete your ITR by March 31st. The ITR form on the Student Centre will be available starting March 1st.
WHAT IF I AM NOT SURE WHAT PROGRAM TO CHOOSE?
- Take time to reflect on your passions, interests and career aspirations
- Gather as much information as possible; talk to professors, family, friends, KAMP mentors, a career counsellor, and academic advisors
Learn more about King’s Programs!
2023 Information Zoom sessions:
ITR info session:
Learn more about ITR from an academic counsellor including how to complete it online and important degree requirements at one of these information sessions:
- Tuesday, March 7 at 3:00 PM EST
Zoom link: https://westernuniversity.zoom.us/j/93842952930 password 067529
- Wednesday, March 29 at 3:00PM EST
Intent to Register Information Session for International Students
Learn more about ITR from an academic counsellor including how to complete it online and important degree requirements.
- Date and Time TBA
- Zoom Link: TBA
Career counselling and Intent to Register
Talk to Career Counsellor Susan Ackland and Miriam Love, Academic Advisor, about career planning and how this may influence your Intent to Register choices.
- Thursday, March 23 at 10:00 AM EST
KAMP ITR Peer help sessions
Need help or advice about completing your ITR? Join KAMP mentors in the SLC during the last week of Intent to Register (ITR)!
- Monday, March 27th 9AM to 11AM in the Student Life Centre
- Wednesday, March 29th 11AM to 4PM in the Student Life Centre
- Friday, March 31st 12PM to 6PM in the Student Life Centre
FACULTY OF EDUCATION, UWO
Learn more about the application process, admission requirements, and direct pathways to the Faculty of Education at Western. Presented by Rebecca Cole, Faculty of Education.
- Thursday, March 9 at 3:00 P.M. EST
- Zoom link: https://westernuniversity.zoom.us/meeting/j/96617901912 password 772609
FACULTY OF LAW, UWO
Unfortunately the Faculty of Law is unable to join us this year. Please review their website for information: www.law.uwo.ca
SCHOOL of Social Work
Learn more about the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program, the application process and admission requirements for the Bachelor of Social Work at King’s. Tosha Densky, Social Work Programs Liaison, will share information and answer your questions
- Monday, March 20 3:00 PM EST
upcoming career events at King's
Not sure what you can do with a Liberal Arts Degree? King's is hosting a number of career events to provide information and insight into just that question. Even if you know what you want to do you may enjoy hearing from the many King's Alumni that will be participating in these events.
King's Career Journey's Poster Session
- Friday, March 10 from 1:00 to 3:00 PM EST in the Student Life Centre
King's Career Fair
- Tuesday, March 21 from 1:00 to 4:00 PM EST in the Student Life Centre
MEM Career Fair
- Wednesday, March 8 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM EST in the Student Life Centre
Life After King's
Join the conversation as a panel of Alumni from these departments share their professional experiences since graduating from King's
- Philosophy - Monday, February 27 at 12:00 PM EST
- Sociology and Criminology - Wednesday, March 1 at 10:00 AM EST
- Disability Studies - Wednesday, March 8 at 11:30 AM EST
- English - Thursday, March 9 at 7:00 PM EST
Intent to Register (ITR) allows you to tell the university your preferred program/module, as well as your planned course load status (full- or part-time), and it lets King's know that you wish to return the next academic year. It is mandatory for current first year students to complete an ITR. If you are an upper year student and do not complete an ITR we will assume you plan to continue in your current program/module. If you are ineligible to continue in your current program, you may be registered into an undeclared program of study. This may impact your eligibility to access courses during the Fall/Winter course registration period.
Yes. For example, if you are enrolled in a 4-year BA, Major History and wish to change to a Honours BA, Honours Specialization History, you must complete an ITR. Your eligibility to change modules will be assessed in May during adjudication.
No. You must select your program/module now, but you will select your courses in the summer.
Review the Western Calendar and King's Program Checklists for admission and progression requirements.
Your faculty is King's University College
Your ITR form will be assessed by King's in early May, and you’ll have the results of that adjudication later that month. You will be able to select your courses for Fall/Winter 2022-2023 in June and July 2022. Check your Student Centre in June and July to learn your specific enrolment dates.
If you are not a current student, you cannot submit an ITR online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you want to return in September 2022, and we will be happy to fill out an internal ITR for you.
If you are applying for admission to the Bachelor of Social Work program, you cannot indicate “Social Work” as a program choice on your ITR. You will need to submit an online ITR for an alternate degree/module combination, and if you are admitted to the BSW (Honours) program, your registration will be changed for you.
If you are registered in a Second Degree or as a Special Student, you will need to contact the Academic Dean’s Office for an internal form.
Yes, you can re-submit your ITR through the Student Center as often as you like until the March 31st deadline.
Yes. If you decide not to return to King's next fall, you can contact Enrolment Services to have your line of registration removed. There is no cost for completing an ITR, and it will give you access to enrol in courses this summer for next year.
Yes. After you have chosen your degree/program/modules, you will be able to add a Certificate. The following Certificates are available at King’s:
- Certificate in Childhood and Advocacy
- Certificate in Childhood and the Legal System
- Certificate in Loss, Grief and Bereavement Studies
- Certificate in Teaching and Practice of Writing
- Certificate in the Study of Law and Public Policy
HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS?
- The Advising Office is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and from noon to 4 pm. on Wednesdays. If you have general questions, we will help you get an answer. If you are not able to stop in, you may email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. For information on attending drop-in or booking an appointment please see the Academic Dean's webpage.