Intent to Register
An opportunity to indicate:
- Your intention to come back to study this Fall 2021 and will allow you to choose courses in June/July
- Your desired degree and program choices
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF COMPLETING YOUR ITR?
- Helps us to ensure that we have the best selection of courses available next year
- Gives you priority course selection in the summer to choose your courses for the next school year
- Ensures your timely admission into programs, making summer registration easier
HOW CAN I COMPLETE MY INTENT TO REGISTER?
Your ITR must be completed between February 1st and March 31st
- Log in to your Student Center. Under Western Links, click Complete My Intent to Register.
- Choose your:
- Academic load (part-time or full- time)
- Faculty (King’s University College)
- Degree type (e.g., an Honours Bachelor degree)
- Modules (e.g., an Honours Specialization in History with a Minor in Social Justice and Peace Studies)
- Second choice for degree type and module (if any)
- Confirm — and you’re done!
WHAT IF I AM NOT SURE WHAT PROGRAM TO CHOOSE?
- Take time to reflect on your passions, interests and career aspirations
- Gather as much information as possible; talk to professors, family, friends, KAMP mentors, a career counsellor, and academic advisors
Information zoom sessions:
ITR info session:
Learn more about what ITR is, how to do it, and other important degree requirements from an Academic Counsellor. Students in Year 1 are highly encouraged to attend one of the following two sessions:
- Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 9:30am Click here to register
- Thursday, March 25, 2021 at 2:00pm Click here to register
School of Social Work
Interested in learning more about the application process and admission requirements for the Bachelor of Social Work at King’s? Learn more about the BSW and speak with Rachel Braden, Social Work Programs Liaison.
- Tuesday, February 23, 2021 at 2:00pm - Click here to register
BMOS, Economics & Finance Q&a
Are you interested in learning more about modules in BMOS, Economics or Finance? The School of MEM will be hosting several live Q & A sessions.
KING'S sCHOLAR ITR INFORMATION SESSION
King's Scholar is a unique discussion-based program for students wanting to explore the cultural and political history of 21st century global dynamics. The program features annual self-directed independent research projects with a supervisor, a series of experiential learning trips, as well as practical training in public speaking and seminar direction.
King's Scholar complements all students' Honours programs. It enriches their learning in other courses and builds their confidence.
Learn more about how to select King's Scholar on your Intent to Register form, as well as more information about the program and its requirements from the KS website.
- Friday, march 19, 2021 at 2:00PM - Click here to register
FACULTY OF EDUCATION, UWO
Learn more about the application process and admission requirements to the Faculty of Education at Western. Presented by Anna Zuber (Manager, Teacher Education)
- Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 2:00pm – Click here to register
FACULTY OF LAW, UWO
Learn more about the application process and admission requirements to the Faculty of Law at Western. Presented by the Assistant Dean (Admissions and Recruitment), Danielle Lacasse.
- Wednesday, March 24, 2021 at 3:00pm – Click here to register
In order to register for the Fall/Winter 2021-2022 term, you must have completed an ITR.
Your faculty is King's University College
Your ITR form will be assessed by King's in early May, and the results of that adjudication will be made available to you later that month. Registration for course selection for Fall/Winter 2021-2022 will occur in June and July 2021. Check your Student Centre in June and July to learn your specific enrolment dates.
Students who are not current students cannot submit an ITR online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you wish to return in September 2021, and we would be happy to fill out an internal ITR for you.
Students who are applying for admission to the Bachelor of Social Work program cannot indicate “Social Work” as a program choice on their ITR. They will submit an online ITR for an alternate degree/module combination, and if admitted to the BSW (Honours) program, their registration will be changed for them.
Additionally, students registered in a Second Degree or as a Special Student cannot submit their ITR online and should contact the Academic Dean’s Office for an internal form.
You can re-submit your ITR through the Student Center as often as you like until March 31.
Yes. If you decide not to return to King's next fall, you can contact Enrolment Services to have your line of registration removed. There are no associated costs with completing an ITR now, but it will give you access to enroll in courses this summer for next year.
Yes. After you have chosen your degree/program/modules, you will have an opportunity to add a Certificate. We have the following Certificates available at King’s:
- Certificate in Critical Security Studies
- Certificate in Childhood and Advocacy
- Certificate in Childhood and the Legal System
- Certificate in Loss, Grief and Bereavement Studies
- Certificate in Refugees, Migration and Forced Displacement
- Certificate in Teaching and Practice of Writing
- Certificate in the Study of Law and Public Policy *NEW*
- Contact Jessica.Sommers@kings.uwo.ca to register for 2021 as it is not yet available on ITR.
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
- Call the King's Academic Counselling Helpline. We're open Monday to Friday, from 10AM to 3PM EST. Please call us directly at 519-518-2907 or toll free at 1-800-265-4406 to complete an intake and a member of the Academic Dean's Office will contact you to discuss your Intent to Register.