Degree Check 101
If you are wondering how to go about doing your own program check, here are four simple steps to follow.
Step 1: gathering information
To gain access to information about your current academic situation, get familiar with the Student Centre.
Step 2: degree audit
Print your web academic report from Student Centre. If you have no special permissions or transfer credits on your record, run a degree audit.
- Go to http://student.uwo.ca
- Under "Documentation" click "Web Academic Report."
Step 3: module check
- Print off the module checklist for each of your modules (e.g., Major in History, Minor in English).
- Check if you meet the module requirements (take into account special permissions, if any).
- Check your modular and cumulative averages. For information on modular and cumulative averages, click here.
- If you still have questions, come see an Academic Counsellor.
- Now that you have completed your module check, go to Step 4.
Step 4: degree check
If you have special permissions or transfer credits, use the checklists to check your record. Print your web academic report from Student Centre.
- Print off the Quick B.A. checklist from here.
- Check if you meet the overall degree requirements:
- Do you have at least 5.0 and not more than 7.0 first year credits (old numbers 001-099; new numbers 0001-1999)?
- Do you meet the breadth requirement (at least 1.0 credit each from Categories A, B and C; at least two categories represented in your first year courses)?
- Do you meet the essay requirement (2.0 designated essay courses, including one at the 2000 level or above)?
- Note that you need a minimum of 15.0 total credits to complete a 3 year BA and a minimum of 20.0 total credits to complete a 4 year BA or a BMOS degree.
If you have questions about these requirements, see an academic counsellor. Bring with you the work you have done on your own module and degree checks.