Academic Dean's Office
Welcome to the Academic Advising Office!
We help students plan their programs and courses, find accurate degree information, resolve academic issues, and develop strategies for success. Our academic advisors and counsellors can help navigate the best match between personal goals and our academic programs, advise on problems that are affecting studies, assist in checking degree requirements, and make appropriate referrals. We support students throughout their time at King's.
Contacting the Academic Advising Office
Drop-In Hours are back with a twist!
You will now be able to drop-in to the Advising Office (DL104) and see an advisor again OR you can use the new Remote Check-in feature. Using this link you can check-in for drop-in hours where ever you are! You can then choose to have a virtual or in-person drop-in appointment (depending on counsellor availability). You will receive an email 10 minutes prior to your appointment time with, depending on your choice, the directions to come to the waiting room or containing the zoom link for your meeting. Drop-In will take place Monday, Tuesday, Thursday afternoons between 1:30 and 3:30PM and Friday mornings between 10am and 12 noon. Check-in will be available 30 minutes prior to the start of drop-in.
Book an Appointment
If your questions need a longer time with a counsellor than drop-in can provide, you can book an appointment. Appointments are held on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday mornings or Friday afternoons. You can request an appointment using the Advising Appointment Request form. Provide as much detail/availability as possible, within 2 business days you will receive an email confirming the date/time/format of your appointment. Please do not email individual counsellors for appointments, all appointments are booked through the Main Advising Office.
The Advising Office is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and from noon to 4 pm. on Wednesdays. If you have general questions, we will help you get an answer. If you are not able to stop in, you may email us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
For answers to routine questions, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Program Checklists: http://www.kings.uwo.ca/current-students/courses-enrolment/course-information/program-checklists/
- Important Academic Dates: https://www.kings.uwo.ca/current-students/academic-resources/academic-dates-and-events/
- Exam Schedule: https://studentservices.uwo.ca/secure/Exams/
- Intent to Register: https://www.kings.uwo.ca/current-students/courses-enrolment/degree-information/intent-to-register/
- Western Academic Calendar: http://westerncalendar.uwo.ca
- Personal Counselling (not Academic Advising): Appointment Request Form
For course registration issues, please contact:
- King’s Registration Helpline: 519-433-3491
- Western’s Registration Helpline: Western Chat http://westernchat.uwo.ca