If students have received a continuing scholarship for the year that they are on internship, they need to fill out a Scholarship Appeal request form by August 1st 2020 to request that their continuing scholarship be applied to their tuition for the upcoming year.
Please also send a message to MOS Internship Coordinator with the student name and number and a brief note that they applied for deferring the Continuing Scholarship. Thank you.
- Attend mandatory Industry Internship Program Information Session (see Schedule of Activities). Visit the Internship Program web site… then…read information carefully and bring questions/concerns to the MOS Internship Coordinator.
If you decide to participate…
- Attend an Internship Resume and Interview Workshop (see Schedule of Activities) and bring your updated resumé. This is mandatory for enrollment in the Program and to be approved.
- Register at Western Connect by completing the form on the website (Online registration opens August 25, 2020 and closes November 22, 2020 @ 11:59 pm).
- Prepare a resumé and draft a cover letter (Western's Careers & Experience is available for individual counseling at WERC e-advising).
- Meet with the Internship Coordinator to review your resume. Please register for an internship appointment by emailing Lydia.Li@kings.uwo.ca.
- International Students accepted into the Internship Program will need a letter from their Faculty as proof that the work term is mandatory, must apply for a co-op work permit no later than January 31, 2021, and must also have a Social Insurance Number. For additional information on co-operative permits, please visit: www.iesc.uwo.ca/visas/index.html
Deadline for Steps 1- 4 is November 22, 2020 at 11:59 pm
If enrollment is approved…
- The DAN Internship Coordinator will have MOS 3494 (it is not a normal course) added to your record. It will not trigger a course overload.
- Visit the Western Connect Website on a regular basis to view the job descriptions and interview schedules etc. Apply for as many positions as you like – make sure to check the application deadline dates. See Applying for Positions.
- Jobs are posted November to August.
- Students who are not successful in securing an Internship work term will be withdrawn from MOS 3494, with no academic penalty, and will not be liable for the administrative fee.