If students have received a continuing scholarship for the year that they are on internship, they need to fill out a Scholarship Appeal request form by August 1st 2023 to request that their continuing scholarship be applied to their tuition for the upcoming year.
Please also send a message to MOS Internship Coordinator with the student name and number and a brief note that they applied for deferring the Continuing Scholarship. Thank you.
STEP 1: Attend an Information Session
Attend ONE Internship Program Information Session
- Thursday, September 15, 2022 | 5:00pm EST Register here
- Monday, October 3, 2022 | 5:00pm EST Register here
Session will include a program overview & benefits, eligibility criteria for both internship lengths, the recruitment timeline and process, and course deliverables.
If you decide to participate…
STEP 2: Apply through Western Connect - Complete by October 19, 2022
- Register at Western Connect (mandatory) by completing the “2022-23 Intern/Co-op – MOS Internship” application form:
- Log onto WesternConnect.
- Click "Internship/Co-op" on the left.
- Click "Undergraduate/Graduate" and scroll down to select your application choice - "MOS Internship Program".
- Finish by clicking "Submit Application" only once and wait until the confirmation page appears.
Online registration opens August 24, 2022 and closes October 19th @ 11:59pm.
Students must submit their application for this program by the deadline to access full supports and prepare for peak recruitment season. If you are interested in the course credit, but do not wish to access postings or supports, please see Arranging Your Own Internship for guidance.
Applications will be reviewed within five to ten business days. You will receive a notification from Western Connect once this process has taken place.
Approved applications will be granted access to view internship job postings on Western Connect.
STEP 3: Resumé Workshop & Assignment (mandatory)
Workshop date: TBA.
Option 1: Create a Login and complete the Career Fundamentals for University Students online modules via Complete Student (Developed by Western Career Education).
Please upload your certificate of completion to your Western Connect profile under “Documents”
Option 2: Attend "Interviewing in a Virtual World", "Effective Resume Writing" and "Compelling Cover Letters" workshops offered by Western Career Education. A full schedule of fall term offerings will be available here. Register to ensure that your attendance is recorded.
Resume assignment deadline: November 14th, 2022
Step 4 Resumé and Cover Letter Review (mandatory)
- Prepare a resumé and draft a sample cover letter.
- Meet with the Internship Coordinator to review your resume. Please register for an internship appointment by emailing MOS Internship Coordinator
- Once their feedback is incorporated, please upload your resume and cover letter to your Western Connect profile under “Documents.”
STEP 5: For International Students: Apply for a Co-op Work Permit
International students who meet the requirements to participate in the internship program must secure a valid co-op work permit regardless of the timing and length of the internship.
We encourage students to submit your application ASAP to avoid delays. The deadline to apply for your co-op work permit is November 18, 2022.
The IESC advisory team is available to help you in the application process!
We strongly encourage you to:
- Attend an IESC Co-op Work Permit Information Session: Dates TBA
- Make an appointment with an IESC Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your individual application.
- Visit the Western Connect Website on a regular basis to view the job descriptions and interview schedules etc. Apply for as many positions as you like – make sure to check the application deadline dates. See Applying for Positions.
- Jobs are posted November to August.
- Students who are not successful in securing an Internship work term will be withdrawn from MOS 3494, with no academic penalty, and will not be liable for the administrative fee.