A Mature Applicant is defined as a candidate for admission who:
- 21 years of age or older (in calendar year in which admission is sought);
- Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (at time of application);
- No academic basis of admission;
- Have not normally been in full-time attendance at an educational institution in the past 4 years (3 courses/year = full-time);
- Have a minimum C average in all academic work attempted in the past 4 years (i.e. minimum C average in each course attempted).
- Will be required to provide a letter of reference;
- Will be required to submit a personal statement outlining their objective and goals.
Admission is limited to Part Time for 1 year. Part-time students work on their degree by taking 3.0 or fewer course credits at one time.
How to Apply: If you are interested in part-time studies, complete the part-time application. Click here for Part-Time Application
- March 1 - Intersession, Summer Evening, Summer Distance Studies
- May 1 - Summer Day
- July 1 - Fall/Winter Distance Studies and Part-time on campus courses
Part Time Application Fees - $64 (CDN)
POST-SECONDARY EVALUATION FEE - A single non-refundable evaluation fee of $93.50 (Canadian) is required of all 105 applicants
In determining admissibility, King’s University College at Western reserves the right to take all submitted documentation into account including English Proficiency Tests, repeated courses and all other aspects of the student’s academic record. As well, if evidence of falsified documentation is found, King’s reserves the right to deny admission, withdraw an offer of Admission, offer of scholarship and/or cancel a student’s course registration. Previous submission of falsified or fraudulent documentation may be considered in future applications made to the institution.