Question: When do I need to submit an exam request?

Answer: You must submit requests to write term quizzes, tests or exams with SSD-King’s at least 10 days prior to the quiz/slider/exam date by doing one of the following:

Question: Will all my friends find out about my visit with the Accessibility Counsellor?

Answer:  We are bound by a strict code of confidentiality, and information about a student will not be shared without written permission.

Question: I think I have a learning disability but I'm not sure, what do I do?

Answer:  Call our office at 519-433-3491 ext. 7800, or email

Question:  I am a part-time student registered with Accessibility Services.  Can I access the Student Health Plan and/or Buss Pass?                                                                                                                                                                                                           Answer:  Yes, as a part-time student taking a reduced course load due to their disability, you can opt-in to the Student Health Plan and/or Bus Pass.  Please schedule an appointment to speak with your Accessibility Counsellor.

Question: Do I have to register with Accessibility Services every year?

Answer:  Yes, you must register with Accessibility Services every new academic session, including Fall/Winter, Intersession and Summer courses in order to receive your academic accommodations.  Log into Accessibility and Accommodated Exams to request your accommodations for your courses.

Question: Why do I need to let Accessibility Services know I added or dropped a course?

Answer:  Accessibility Services is not automatically informed of changes in your course registration.  If you add a course you must log into Accessibility and Accommodated Exams to request your accommodations for your new course.

Question:  What if I miss an exam for reasons unrelated to my disability (e.g.  illness or bereavement)?

Answer:  You must notify the Academic Dean's Office, your instructor, and Accommodated Exams. If the change is related to your disability you must still contact the Academic Dean's Office as well as send an e-mail to your instructor, and copy your Accessibility Counsellor.

Question: Do I need to speak to my professor(s) regarding my disability?

Answer: We encourage you to introduce yourself to your professor(s) and notify them that you are registered with Accessibility Services. There is no need, however for you to disclose details of your disability.