Appointments and Drop-ins
HOW TO GET FEEDBACK
Which kind of help is right for me?
Tutoring and consultations in Fall/Winter 2021-22 will be both online and in-person, in KC 113. All appointments are 50 minutes long, and appointments for both in-person, and online sessions should be booked through https://kings.mywconline.com.
You are a BA, BMOS, or BSW student looking for feedback on assignments, or peer help with brainstorming, résumés, cover letters, applications, personal statements, or simple academic writing questions
Make an appointment with a Write Place Tutor/Consultant, or use Online Drop-in. Online drop-in is only available if pre-booked appointments have not filled the open slots.
You are an MSW student, or you are looking for more advanced help with complex issues, long-term writing improvement, or grammar and sentence structure.
Make an appointment with a Writing Specialist (a professor who will do teaching + feedback), or use Online Drop-in. Online drop-in is only available if pre-booked appointments have not filled the slots.
You are a creative writer looking for feedback on completed creative writing—a short story, a poem, a play, a novel chapter—or want to discuss ideas, and learn more about creative writing at King’s and beyond:
Make an appointment with the Creative Writing Consultant or the Creative Writing Assistant. Please do not book on this schedule for any other type of writing feedback.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Appointments are available during our business hours:
In-person (KC113): Monday-Friday: 9:30am-4:30pm
Online: Monday-Friday: 7:30 am-9:30 pm
Please book a time during any available time-slot on https://kings.mywconline.com/
Register at kings.mywconline.com the first time you use it.
- Click on “Register for an account.
- Fill out the information on the “Create a New Account” page. Create and remember your password.
- Click COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
- Return to the Login page. Log in using your UWO email address and the password you created when you registered.
- Log in to kings.mywconline.com using your UWO email address and the password that you created when you registered.
- To make an appointment with a Write Place Tutor/Consultant, select the “Write Place Tutor/Consultant” schedule. For an appointment with one of our Writing Specialists, select the “TWP Specialists” schedule. For a Creative Writing Consultation, select the “Creative Writing Consultant” schedule. See Which kind of help is right for me?
- White rectangles are open appointment slots. Click on one to open a “Create New Appointment” window.
- In “Create New Appointment,” select either E-tutoring (email feedback, works well if you are in a different time zone) or a Video Conference (works best if you have a mic and webcam).
- Enter the course details (course code, instructor’s name), and the assignment details (bonus marks, due date, what you want to work on). Paste your assignment question into the text box and add any completed work as an attachment. If there is no attachment, it means you want to brainstorm.
- Click CREATE APPOINTMENT.
- When you return to the schedule, you will see your appointment at your requested time. Appointments that you make for yourself appear as a gold/yellow rectangle.
- Sometimes it may be necessary to move an appointment to a different tutor. If this happens, you will receive notification that the tutor has changed, but the time and date of your appointment will be the same.
- Hover over the “Welcome” menu.
- Scroll down to “My Appointments.”
- If you have any upcoming appointments they will be listed to the right of “My Appointments.”
- Click on the date and time of the appointment to open the “View Existing Appointment” window, where you can start or join a synchronous appointment, edit the appointment to attach files, or cancel the appointment.
To cancel or change an appointment (up to one hour before the start time):
Find your appointment on the schedule.
Open the “View Existing Appointment” window and click on CANCEL APPOINTMENT at the bottom of the window. Or click on EDIT APPOINTMENT at the bottom of the window. You can add files in the file attachment area towards the bottom of the window.
The Write Place has a no-show policy this year. If you miss more than 6 appointments, your account will be temporarily disabled. To reactivate your account, email email@example.com. We will respond within 48 hours.
After registering, use the first available white slot to request an appointment. Your request will be moved to the earliest available session, and you will be sent a notification.