The MOS program offers an Industry Internship Program (IIP) for students interested in practical experience prior to graduation. As interns, students spend 8 to 16 months working in industry between their third and fourth years of their Bachelor of Management and Organizational Studies (BMOS) degree. The internship experience is counted as 1.0 credit as an elective course towards a MOS degree.
Any MOS student who is completing third year, successful completion of Business 2257 or MOS2227A/B, MOS2228A/B and is in good standing with the School and the Dean's office, has at least a 70% average in second year and is permitted to work in Canada, may enrol in the program.
Western Campus and affiliates have placed students with employers that have included IBM, Brose Canada, 3M, and Canada Revenue Agency.Students have held positions as
- purchasing and buyer support
- plans and control analyst
- sales specialist
- financial analyst
- bilingual marketing and customer service coordinator
- campus programs and events coordinator
- internal tax auditor
- appeals officer
- human resources coordinator
Many companies recruit students upon completion of the internship and graduation. The internship opportunities are posted through Career Central (now part of The Student Success Centre) during the November to July period. These internship jobs are reserved for students enrolled in IIP. Each company competitively interviews student candidates on campus and then makes job offers to the students through The Student Success Centre during the mid February period. In addition to industry job postings, students may find their own employment. These positions must involve degree related work experience.
Many employers find that this program is even better than a traditional co-op program as it gives the employer a longer time to assess the students and the students are able to work on advanced projects and see them through from beginning to end. The students feel that they are better motivated and have a well-crystallized plan for their careers after gaining valuable work experience and contacts in the industry.
TD Bank Group
· Posting dates: January 4 – 20, 2021.
· Application Instructions: apply through TDO portal via the link provided with the corresponding job posting in the table below (link will only be active as of Jan. 4th)
· Majority of our roles are open to undergraduate and graduate students unless otherwise specified.
· If offered at your institution, please cascade and promote opportunities to the primary targeted programs: Computer Science, Physics, Math, Statistics, Big Data & Analytics, MMA/MMAI.
· Note: All work terms will be virtual until further notice. TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements