All first year applicants who receive an offer of academic admission to King’s are offered guarantee residence until the established deadline date (typically near the end of May or early June). You will receive your offer of residence in your academic offer package. Residence space may be available after the guarantee deadline date; however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- Activate your assigned UWO email address. Activation instructions are provided in your Acknowledgement Letter and in your Offer of Admission package. This is the email address to which all email correspondence from Western and King’s University College will be directed. Once this account is activated, you may forward the emails to this account to your preferred email account. Be sure to set your preferred account to receive mass emails from King’s and UWO. NOTE: A 24 hour activation period may be required.
- Follow the application instructions in your offer package. If you have misplaced these instructions, or require other assistance contact the Residence Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please review the following documents prior to applying to residence. Submitting an application confirms your agreement to abide by the stipulations of the Rules of Residence and the Residence Agreement.
- Complete the Residence Application
Upper Year Returning Residents Applications
Current students who wish to re-apply for residence can contact the Residence and Campus life Office at email@example.com for the application link.
Tours of Epworth Place and King’s Commons will begin in November. Applications will open in December.
Upper year residence offers the convenience of residence living and optional meal plan choices.
- 8 month residence agreement (with extensions possible)
- Furnished accommodations
- Residence staff support
- Security support
- Quick response to maintenance issues
- Proximity to campus
Residence Room Assignments
Room Assignments are based on the information you provide in your Residence Application. Whenever possible you will be placed with a roommate who matches your preferences regarding neatness, sleeping patterns, study habits, etc. If you and a friend wish to share a double room, please indicate this in your application. You are welcome to identify one or more friends you would like to have as housemates (Epworth Houses) or apartment-mates (King's Commons). Every attempt is made to accommodate location and roommate preferences; however, these cannot be guaranteed.
** ROOM ASSIGNMENT DETAILS ARE AVAILABLE UPON MOVE IN.**
We invite Canadian students to further enrich their residence experience by sharing a room with a student from another country. Choosing this option is a great way to broaden your world view and learn about another culture.