King’s University College is delighted that you are part of our graduating class, but most importantly, that you have succeeded in reaching your goal. 

Just a moment of your time in planning can be the difference between success and failure, and can reduce some of the financial stress that comes along with graduation.  If you wish to review some of the information below with our office, please book an appointment by calling the Student Financial Services Office at 519-433-3491 ex. 4319. When booking, please state that it is for “Graduating Counselling.”

The following websites may assist you with questions on repayment of your OSAP as well as issues related to credit counseling.

Repayment Assistance Plan
The Repayment Assistance Plan helps you pay back what you can reasonably afford.

Repayment Assistance Plan for Borrowers with a Permanent Disability (RAP-PD)
The RAP-PD helps borrowers with a permanent disability pay back what they can reasonably afford.

Severe and Permanent Disability Benefit
If you have a severe permanent disability, you may be eligible to have your loans forgiven through the Severe Permanent Disability Benefit program.

Revision of Terms: Reduce Your Payment
Under the Revision of Terms measure, you can ask to have your student loan payments decreased or increased if you are having difficulty repaying your student loan debt or wish to pay off your loan debt more quickly.

Canada Student Loan Rehabilitation
Is your Canada Student Loan in collection? Getting your student loan back on track is easier than you think. If you have missed payments on your student loan for more than 270 days and your loan is now in collection, help is available.

Canada Student Loan Forgiveness for Family Doctors and Nurses
If you are working as a family doctor, resident in family medicine, nurse or nurse practitioner in a designated rural or remote community, you may be eligible to have a portion of your Canada Student Loan forgiven.

Handy Contacts
  1. Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP),
    Student Support Branch,
    Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities,
    P.O. Box 4500,
    189 Red River Road, 4th Floor,
    Thunder Bay, ON
    P7B 6G9
    (807) 343-7260 
    Internet Address:
    Telephone Device for Deaf (TDD/TY): 1-800-465-3958
  2. National Student Loans Service Centre,
    Public Institutions Division,
    P.O. Box 4030,
    Mississauga, ON
    L5A 4M4
    1-888-815-4514 (within North America)
    800-2-225-2501 (outside of North America plus appropriate country code)