2017 - Year in review
January 1, 2018
A place to Think, to Imagine, to Create
- King’s signs Okanagan Charter for health & well-being promotion on campus.
- Catholic Educational Partnership Group and Brazilian educational leaders welcomed to campus.
A place of discovery and Possibility
- 3rd year disability studies student Kelsey Veltman named OUA West Division player of the Year for women’s volleyball.
- King’s alumna, Dr. Nonie Brennan, receives honorary degree at fall convocation.
- 16 Academic All-Canadian athletes at King’s – students with at least an 80% average while playing on a varsity team.
A place of Community and Global Engagement
- Recent grad, Melanie Matthews, presents her research at Undergraduate awards in Dublin. Alumni, Aleksander Franiczek and Sam Boer were shortlisted as “Highly Commended Entrants.”
- 86 students and 9 faculty travelled to 11 locations for experiential learning in 2017.
A place of Vitality and Promise
- Congratulations to the 794 graduates this year: 603 in Spring and 191 in Fall.
- Alumna, Alana Pawley, receives the Dr. Valio Markkanen Aboriginal Graduate Award of Excellence for 2017. This is an annual award given to an Aboriginal graduate student who has achieved excellence in academics, and has also been actively contributing to the Aboriginal/Indigenous community.
- Chief Leslee White-Eye honoured at King’s Convocation.