Payroll & Benefits
This office is responsible for monthly and biweekly payroll, benefits and retirement plan administrative duties for all King's University College employees.
- Employee Web App (pay stubs, month-end reporting, pdf balance, expense claims, etc)
- Online Time Entry Instructions
- Timesheet Contract 2017-2018
- Timesheet Contract 2018-2019
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a time sheet to report hours for a previous period
- See below for payment schedule
- 2018 Payroll Tax Forms
Please click here to read the memo regarding Ontario Personal Tax Increase for 2014.
The annual statements include both an estimate of the lump sum amount and the annual pension amount earned to date up to December 31st. As indicated, these amounts are for information purposes and will vary from your actual retirement amounts. The amount of variation is subject to changes in interest rates, investment returns, mortality rates and individual variables such as age and years of service. The annual pension statements are sent by inter office mail at the end of April each year. Please read your statement closely and ensure to pass along any inaccuracies noted in the personal information or any questions you may have regarding your statement to our Payroll and Benefits Department.
As a result of the 2017-18 negotiation, the following monthly premiums will be adjusted effective May 1, 2017:
EHC - Extended Health Care (100% employer paid premium)
- Administration/Staff – Single: 141.47
- Administration/Staff – Family: 312.53
- Faculty – Single: 144.26
- Faculty – Family: 318.41
- Retiree – Single: 185.35
- Retiree – Family: 385.01
DENTAL (100% employer paid premium) no change from 2016-17
- Administration/Staff/Faculty – Single: 61.68
- Administration/Staff/Faculty – Family: 170.63
- Faculty – Single: 61.68
- Faculty – Family: 170.63
- Retiree – Single: 61.68
- Retiree – Family: 166.48
LTD (100% employee paid premium, based on salary)
- Administration - 4.26% increase
- Staff - 0.39% increase
- Faculty - 10.94% increase
GROUP LIFE (100% employer paid premium, based on salary - taxable benefit to employee)
- Administration - 3.14% increase
- Staff - 3% increase
- Faculty - 17.9% increase
ADD (100% employer paid premium, based on salary - taxable benefit to employee)
- Admin/Staff/Faculty - no change
Use this form if you are an employee who is at least 65 years of age but under 70, you are receiving a Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or Quebec Pension Plan (QPP) retirement pension, and:
- you are making or will be required to make CPP contributions and you do not want to contribute; or
- you stopped making CPP contributions in a previous year and you want to restart
Note: You MUST:
- Wait until the month in which you turn 65 years of age before you sign and date the completed form.
- Give a copy to your employer
- Send the original completed form to the Canada Revenue Agency.
You can fill out this form only once in a calendar year. If for example, you elect to stop making CPP contributions and you give a copy of this completed form to your employer in 2016, you have to wait until 2017 to file a new form to restart.
When you fill in Part C or Part D of this form for the first time, the date you write must be the date you give a copy of the form to your employer. If you previously filled out this form, go to Part B to see if you are eligible to fill out a new one.
Once you fill out this form, promptly give a copy to your employer. The choice you made will apply to all your income from pensionable employment, including self-employment earnings.
If you have more than one employer, you must give each of them a copy of the completed form.
Send the original completed form to the Winnipeg Tax Centre using the address shown on page 2 of this form. Keep a copy for your records so that you can give a copy to each of your future employers.
|Pay Period #||Pay Period Start Date||Pay Period End Date||Submission Due Date||Pay Date|
|Kate Maars, CPM, Payroll and Benefits Manager||4418|
|Kellie Knechtel, Payroll and Benefits Assistant||4341|