Remote Application Server Access
Details on how to access the Remote Application Server (Scotty) from your desktop or laptop.
Part One: Install Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 for Mac OS.
- Find Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 in the AppStore and click Install.
- Once installed, click on Open or find it in your Dock or installed in Finder - Applications.
Part Two: Configure and connect to Scotty.uwo.ca
- Once Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 is open, click Add Desktop.
- For Gateway, choose Add Gateway...
- In the new window, for Gateway name enter kucrg01.uwo.ca
- Give the gateway a friendly name and then click Add.
- Back at the previous window, enter the PC name scotty.uwo.ca
- Give the connection a friendly name of your choice.
- Select the Gateway friendly name you created in Step 6.
- Uncheck Bypass for local addresses
- Click Add.
- Back at the main window, double-click your new Saved Desktop.
- When prompted, enter your UWO email and password in the fields
- Click Continue.
Windows Version:These instructions are presented for Windows 10. Windows 8 and 7 users may find slight differences in how their windows are laid out, but the steps are the same.
- Open Remote Desktop Connection and click Show Options.
- Type scotty.uwo.ca in the Computer field.
- Type your Western email in the Username field.
- Click on Advanced.
- Click on Settings...
- Enter details as shown in the image below. Server name: kucrg01.uwo.ca
- Check Bypass RD Gateway server for local addresses.
- Check Use my RD Gateway credentials for the remote computer.
- Click OK.
- Click Connect to begin your session.
- When prompted, enter your Western password.
- Click OK.