DARTS Program at King’s
Developing Academic Resiliency, Tenacity, and Skills
What is it?
The purpose of this program is to provide structured and consistent communication and interactions with campus resources and personnel that can help facilitate a change in behavior, attitude, and/or skills that will assist students in reaching their academic potential. These changes are supported through the improvement of learning and studying skills, the development of goal setting strategies, and the facilitation of beneficial interactions with professors, staff and campus resources.
This program is recommended to students by the Academic Dean’s Office, please schedule a meeting with Dr. Adrienne Sauder through the Schedule an Appointment Tab.
- Student responsibility, accountability and a willingness to grow
- Consistent and positive support and accountability from a campus resource (DARTS) across the school year
- Focus on academic and foundational skill development using specific, measurable and achievable goals
This program utilizes some or all of the following elements to best support each individual student:
- Meeting with the Learning Skills Strategist/DARTS Program Coordinator to establish areas in need of support
- Completing small tasks and activities (e.g., a workbook on time management)
- Accessing additional campus resources based on DARTS recommendation
- Attending Learning Skills workshops
- Engaging in scheduled email and in-person check-ins throughout the academic year
If you have any questions or concerns about the DARTS program, please email Dr. Adrienne Sauder at Adrienne.Sauder@kings.uwo.ca