24/7 Study Hall
24/7 Study Hall - April 8-30, 2018
Last day of classes - April 11
Study days - April 12 and 13
First day of exams - April 14 (spring exam schedule)
Last day of exams - April 30
Good luck everyone! Please see below for details of the King Centre, library, food service hours, shuttle buses and study rooms during this exam season.
Policies for King Centre use during exam period
- The King Centre is open for QUIET study from midnight – 8 a.m.
- A security guard will be stationed in the King Centre from midnight to 8 a.m.
- During extended hours (midnight – 8 a.m.) the King Centre is open to members of the Western community only. Keep your Western ONECard with you as you may be required to show it to security.
- Use of rooms in the King Centre is permitted on a first-come basis, unless a room is booked for a meeting. We expect King’s students to be reasonable in the amount of time they use the rooms and to share the space.
- Student use of rooms in the King Centre can be terminated if rooms are not kept clear of garbage at the end of each study session or if the space is being used inappropriately.
- Students are not allowed to leave bags, books, clothing in rooms when not in use for study purposes.
- Those sleeping in the King Centre will be wakened and advised to go home.
- Any abuse of the use of the rooms in the King Centre will result in the rooms being locked and available only by booking.
- Fitness centre closes at midnight daily.
- A microwave is available in the King Centre, bottom level by the gym.
Study Room Availability in the King Centre
- KC203, KC204, KC205
- Between 8 a.m. and midnight must be booked online. Check online for room availability. There are limited spots available.
- Between midnight and 8 a.m. are available on a first come, first served basis.
BOOKED Silent Study Rooms
April 12-16, 18-23 and 25-30 from - 24/7.
April 17 and 24 from midnight-3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.-midnight.
April 12-30 - 24/7 each day.
April 13-18, April 20-25 and April 27-30 - 24/7.
April 12, 19 and 26 from midnight-10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.-midnight.
Mental Health and Wellness
The exam period can be a stressful time for students. King's provides a number of resources to students, staff and faculty year round that can be accessed to help maintain overall health and wellbeing. For information on services, check out our Mental Health and Wellness page.
There will be free parking in lots 2 and 3 during the exam period. That's one less thing to worry about.
Getting Home Safely
- If you are studying late during exams, a free taxi service is available to get your between King’s, Western and Brescia campuses. See details here.
- Chits will be available at the Library Service Desk between 10:30 p.m. and midnight. Chits will be available through campus security from midnight to 8 a.m.
- Western Foot Patrol will provide a co-ed escort to your car, bus stop, or other buildings on King’s and Western campus, as well as some off-campus locations from April 12-30, 9 p.m.- 1 a.m. Please call
- King’s security guards and campus police will be patrolling the campus to ensure your safety.
King's/Brescia Shuttle Bus
Monday to Friday from April 12–30 (regular bus pick-up and drop-off sites) from 7:45 a.m. to 9:45 p.m. Buses will leave every 30 minutes with the exception of break times.
Buses will not run during the following times:
- 9:40 a.m.-10:15 a.m.
- 2:10 p.m.-4:15 p.m.
- 7:40 p.m.-8:15 p.m.
Times and routes can be found here. You can find Western's evening shuttle schedule here.
Bus times are subject to change due to TA negotiations at Western. Follow the negotiations here: www.uwo.ca/contractnegotiations
- Open 8 a.m. – Midnight from April 8-29.
- April 30 - 8 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- Summer hours begin on May 1 - see hours
- Light snacks and lidded beverages are permitted. Bring your own mug.
- A kettle is available on the main floor of the library.
Thames Market Hours of Operation for Exams
April 14-21 - 8 a.m.-7 p.m. with the exception of Sunday, April 15 which is open from 10 a.m.-7 p.m.
Sunday, April 22 - 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
April 23-28 - 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Sunday, April 29 - 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
April 30 - 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Summer hours in effect starting on May 1 - 8 a.m.-2 p.m.
Café 54 Hours of Operation for Exams
April 14-27 - 8 a.m.-10 p.m. with the exception of Sundays which are open from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Closed on April 28.
Subway Operation of Hours for Exams
April 16-20 - 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Closed on April 21.
**Please note: hours of operations are subject to change
Good luck on your exams!
Vending machines are available in Labatt Hall (LH), South Annex (SA), and Wemple Hall.