If you have been the victim of sexual violence:

1. Go to a safe place

Go to a place where you can find physical safety and emotional support. This may be the home (or room) of a friend, a family member, a member of the Residence staff, a colleague or a supervisor.

2. Seek Health Care/Counselling

You are encouraged to seek health care immediately. In London, immediate care and counselling support is available at:

  • The Regional Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centre, located at St. Joseph’s Hospital (go to Urgent Care). Call 519-646-6100, press 0 and ask for the nurse-on-call for sexual assault and domestic violence.  Support is provided regardless of gender and, with the consent of the survivor/victim, will also be provided to a partner/significant other.

    Get help between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    Visit The Regional Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centre, located at St. Joseph’s Hospital, London (directions). Go to Urgent Care and request to speak to a SADVTC nurse.

    (519) 646-6100 ext. 64224

    Get help after hours
    Call (519) 646-6100, press 0 ask for the nurse on call for the Regional Sexual Assault Program to be paged.

  • Anova (formerly the Sexual Assault Centre London , which can be reached at 519-642-3000. Anova also provides individual & group counselling and accompaniment and advocacy for women. A 24-hour crisis & support line is available to men and women.
  • The Gender-based Violence & Survivor Support Case Manager at Western’s Student Services Building, who can be reached at 519-661-3568 (non-emergency), Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
    Tamara Will
    Gender-based Violence & Survivor Support Case Manager
    Western Student Services Building, Office 2150
    (519) 661-3568

    **Kindly note that Angela Treglia is no longer the SVPEC at Western. Danielle Carr has taken over this role. She is located in the Wellness Education Centre on Main Campus (UCC Rm. 76).


​3. Counselling Options


Reporting an Incident of Sexual Violence

More information on reporting an incident of sexual violence.