If you have been the victim of sexual violence:

1. Go to a safe place

Go to a place where you can find physical safety and emotional support. This may be the home (or room) of a friend, a family member, a member of the Residence staff, a colleague or a supervisor.

2. Seek Health Care/Counselling

You are encouraged to seek health care immediately. In London, immediate care and counselling support is available at:

  • The Regional Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centre, at St. Joseph’s Hospital (go to Urgent Care). Call 519-646-6100, press 0 and ask for the nurse-on-call for sexual assault and domestic violence. You will receive support regardless of gender, and, with your consent, your partner/significant other will also receive support.

    Get help between 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
    Visit The Regional Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centre (SADVTC), located at St. Joseph’s Hospital, London (directions). Go to Urgent Care and request to speak to a SADVTC nurse.
    (519) 646-6100 ext. 64224

    Get help after hours
    Call (519) 646-6100, press 0, and ask the nurse on call to page the Regional Sexual Assault Program.

  • Anova (formerly the Sexual Assault Centre London) provides individual and group counselling, and accompaniment and advocacy for women. A 24-hour crisis and support line is available to wommen and men: 519-642-3000
  • The Gender-based Violence & Survivor Support Case Manager at Western’s Student Services Building can be reached at 519-661-3568 (non-emergency), Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
    Tamara Will
    Gender-based Violence & Survivor Support Case Manager
    Western Student Services Building, Office 2150
    (519) 661-3568

    **Angela Treglia is no longer the Sexual Violence Prevention Education Coordinator (SVPEC) at Western. Danielle Carr has taken over this role. She is located in the Wellness Education Centre on Main Campus (UCC Rm. 76).
​3. REACH OUT to other Counselling Options