King's well-represented at Campuses Connected
May 14, 2019
On May 14, 2019 the third annual Campuses Connected: Affiliate Teaching and Learning Conference was held.
Entitled “Intersections: Educating Within, At, and Beyond the Margins,” Campuses Connected brings together faculty and staff interested in the scholarship of teaching and learning at Huron, Brescia, and King’s University Colleges. This conference provides unique opportunities for faculty and staff to network, gather ideas for teaching-related research and pedagogy, share their own experiences of implementing evidence-based teaching in their classrooms, and continue to strengthen their reputations for personalized learning and student engagement.
Dr. Adrienne Sauder, the Learning Skills Strategist at King’s, was the chairperson of the event.
“There is something exhilarating about chairing a conference that brings the teaching expertise and innovation of three small affiliate colleges together. This year, we are especially excited to welcome presenters and attendees from campuses across southern Ontario,” says Dr. Sauder.
King’s faculty led several of the sessions, including:
- Collaborating at the Margins: Writing Pedagogy in A First-Year Social Justice Course (panel) with
- Dr. Vidya Natarajan, Writing Program Coordinator
- Dr. Adrienne Sauder, Learning Skills Strategist
- Dr. Megan Shore, Associate Professor, Social Justice and Peace Studies
- Jeremy Greenway, Lecturer, English
- Hannah Zubot, Fourth-Year Honours Specialization, English Language and Literature student
- Sarah Menzies, Third-Year English student
- Nathan Vaughan, Fourth-Year English and Philosophy student
- Generational Learning in Social Work Field Education: Is it Us or Them?
- Dr. Andrew Mantulak, Associate Professor, School of Social Work
- Mary-Kay Arundel, Lecturer and Field Education Coordinator, School of Social Work
- Interactive Workshop – International Student Engagement on Canadian Campuses
- Dr. Linda Weber, Manager, King’s International
- Doreen Vautour, Associate Dean of Students
- Maggie Burton, Exchange and International Student Advisor, King’s International
- Olivia Yusuf, International Programs Coordinator, King’s International
- "Good Writing?": Sitting at the Intersection of Writing and the Helping Professions
- Dr. Michelle Hartley, Assistant Professor, Department of English, French, and Writing
- Emil Pietruszewski, 4th Year Honours Specialization, Psychology and Criminology student