Reset Western Password
This guide will walk you through how to reset your Western password.
- Log into https://identity.uwo.ca using your Western username and password. Do not enter "@uwo.ca".
- You can change your password by clicking on Security and then Change My Password.
If your password does not work, follow one of the options below:
- On https://identity.uwo.ca, enter your username and click Forgot Password?
- This will bring you to a page with a list of security questions that you should have set up when you first came to the school. If you did not set up security questions, or if you do not remember the answers, proceed to Option Two or Three below.
You will need your Access Code (also called a PIN), a four digit number that was sent to you when you first were accepted as a student at King’s. If you do not have this code, please visit https://studentservices.uwo.ca/secure/PIN/GetPinInfo.cfm. If you have trouble retrieving your Access Code, please contact Enrolment Services by email at email@example.com
- Go to https://identity.uwo.ca/reset-my-password
- Enter your student number and your Access Code.
- On this step you will be required to change all three of your security questions.
- On this step you will now be prompted to create a new password.
- This page will confirm if your password was changed successfully.
You will need your employee number when you call. You can find your employee number on your identification card, or by calling the King's Human Resources department.
- Call Western's Helpdesk at 519-661-3800. Follow the prompts to reach the Accounts office to reset your password.
If you experience any difficulties please don’t hesitate to contact King’s ITS by submitting a ticket: