Contingency Remote Desktop Access
This guide is for connecting to your office workstation during emergency periods. If you experience any difficulties please don’t hesitate to contact King’s ITS by submitting a ticket through MyKings.ca or directly at: https://www.kings.uwo.ca/itsworkrequest
The system to which you are connecting has been implemented on a contingency basis should the resources provided by Western ITS become strained or unavailable during this period.
N.B. The instructions below assume that your office computer name is your username + .kings.kucits.ca (e.g. jsmith.kings.kucits.ca). In some instances, often contract or shared desktops situations, this may not be true. If you are preparing to use these instructions on another day, refer to the information on your office computer desktop. If you are not at your computer, please submit a work request ticket requesting this information.
The information will be displayed in the following format:
Computer Name: XXXXXX.kings.kucits.ca IP Address: 129.100.XX.XX
Part One: Install Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 for Mac OS.
- Find Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 in the AppStore and click Install.
- Once installed, click on Open or find it in your Dock or installed in Finder - Applications.
Part Two: Configure and connect to your desktop
- Once Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 is open, click Add Desktop.
- For PC name, enter username.kings.kucits.ca
- For Friendly name, enter username.kings.kucits.ca
- For Gateway, choose to add a new gateway and enter kucrg03.kings.kucits.ca in all fields.
- Click Add
- When connecting to your desktop, enter kings\username and your MyKings.ca password.
- Click Continue.
Windows Version:These instructions are presented for Windows 10. Windows 8 and 7 users may find slight differences in how their windows are laid out, but the steps are the same.
- Open Remote Desktop Connection and click Show Options.
- Type username.kings.kucits.ca in the Computer field.
- Type your kings\username in the Username field.
- Click on Advanced.
- Click on Settings...
- Enter details as shown in the image below. Server name: kucrg03.kings.kucits.ca
- Check Bypass RD Gateway server for local addresses.
- Check Use my RD Gateway credentials for the remote computer.
- Click OK.
- Click Connect to begin your session.
- When prompted, enter your MyKing's password.
- Click OK.