Bridging Assistant Applications
King’s International Bridging Assistant Position, 2020-2021
Designed to welcome and assist international and exchange students new to King’s with transitioning to university life and Canadian culture.
Must be available from Sunday, August 30th, 2020 to Sunday, September 6th, 2020.
Approximately 3 days (see below for details). Bridging Assistants must attend training dates.
- Communicate with King’s International and assist with all assist with all aspects of the Bridging Program, 2020
- Work with fellow Bridging Assistants to organize events for incoming students
- Act as an orientation leader for incoming international students
- Guide students on off-campus and out of town excursions
- Act as reception at welcome booth throughout the week
- Attend mandatory training dates
- We are looking for responsible individuals who can demonstrate the following:
- Cross-cultural competency, understanding, and sensitivity
- Strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
- Time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and interpersonal relations
- Initiative, enthusiasm and dependability
- A chance to develop your cross-cultural skills and understanding
- Opportunity to form international connections and diverse friendship networks
- A new global perspective through cross-cultural exchange
- Invited to all Bridging Week programming events throughout the week including out of town excursions
- Recognition through the Co-Curricular Record and the Global and Intercultural Engagement Honour
- Letter of recommendation available upon request
Bridging Assistants must be able to attend all training sessions.
- Student Leader Training: Tuesday, April 28th, 2020 – Wednesday, April 29th, 2020
- Bridging Assistant Training: Friday, August 28th, 2020
How to Apply:
Deadline: Wednesday, February 26th, 2020