Making their mark in London
November 7, 2019
Two London-based magazines have announced their lists of top local young people, making a difference in their communities, and there are a number of names on those lists with a King’s connection.
London Inc. Magazine has announced their 2019 20 Under 40 Award recipients, highlighting the achievements of London’s outstanding young professionals. The following King’s alumni made the list:
- Tom Butryn, Associate Alumnus - President, Flatout Flooring, Inc.
- Ali Chahbar, Hon BA ’04 Political Science - Legal Counsel, Thames Valley District School Board
- Nicole Haney, Hon BA ’07 Psychology - Founder and CEO, Boho Bars
- Samantha Parsons, MSW ‘09 - Clinical Research Manager, London Health Sciences Centre
- Jason Wilcox, BACS ’07 - Managing Partner, Waste Solutions Canada
Recipients are under 40 and have demonstrated excellence in business, judgement, leadership and community contribution. The recipients will also be celebrated at the 2019 20 Under 40 Cocktail Gala on November 7 at the London Music Hall.
To see London Inc. Magazine’s complete list of 2019 20 Under 40 Award recipients, please visit: http://londonincmagazine.ca/2019/10/04/london-inc-weekly-10-•-04-•-2019/
Additionally, Business London Magazine has announced their Top Twenty In Their 20s List. The list features several with King’s connections, including:
- Ellie Cook, Hon BA ’12 English Language & Literature and Social Justice & Peace Studies - Co-Founder/Co-Owner/Co-Operator - The Root Cellar, On the Move Organics
- Emily Cuddy, BMOS ’14 - Owner, The Green Window
- Candace Campbell, Hon BA ’13 English Language & Literature and Sociology - Business Development Specialist, London Economic Development Corporation
- Taylor Norris, attended King’s - Owner, Five One Nine Clothing Co.
- Rachael Storey, BMOS ‘13 - Owner/Auctioneer/Appraiser, Storey's Ltd.
- Mykaela Paquette-Newton, Hon BSW ‘18 - Social Worker, Ministry of the Attorney General
Business London will celebrate their Top Twenty on November 4 at Museum London.
To see Business London’s complete Top Twenty in Their 20s list, please visit https://online.flowpaper.com/7c1e077b/BusinessLondonOctober2019compressed/#page=27
“On behalf of King’s University College, I would like to express congratulations to the alumni recipients of these distinct honours on their accomplishments in their careers and in their service to the London community,” says Jana Gordon, Executive Director of Alumni and Development at King’s.